Twenty Eight chapter

Tris' POV

Today was the day

The day that I will fly away from the love of my life. Insecurity makes its way through my mind ¿What if he finds someone better? ¿What if he forgets about me?

I already packed my things, I'm just waiting for Caleb, Tessa, Jem and Tobias to arrive. Soon they get here and we drive to the airport, check in and wait for our flight to be called, this is where we bid goodbyes.

- We will miss you, both of you - Tessa says. She doesn't cry, she is strong and know that this is what makes us happy.... Well somewhat happy.

- Remember to call - Jem says.

- Yes Jem - Caleb and I say at the same time.

Tobias just stand there, his head low staring at the ground. I walk up to him and hug him as if I never wanted to let go... And I don't want to.

- Don't go - He whispers in my ear. His breath sends shivers through my body.

Jem, Tessa and Caleb left to buy something, giving us a moment of privacy.

- Come with me - I whisper in return. He shakes his head but he doesn't look convinced at all. - I'll send you the extension so you can call me, I will buy a laptop and we will chat, we will video chat until midnight, we will have online dates.

My eyes start to water and his do too, this is harder than I thought, I almost stayed, right here, right now, almost.

- It will be - I continue in a whisper - as If I hadn't gone.

He puts one hand on my lower back and closes the space between us. He puts his mouth on my neck and slowly makes his way to my ear, his breathing becomes heavy, intense, almost as if he was trying not to cry.

- It will never - He whispers, his mouth touching my ear - be as if you weren't gone.

- Why? - I ask.

- Because we won't be able to do this - Saying that he crashes his lips on mine.

We have never shared a kiss like this, so intimate, so desperate, so passionate, so full of love. My arms snake around the back of his neck and his make their way to my waist. After a long moment we pull apart, people staring at us, but we do not care, because we won't be doing this in a long time.

He puts his forehead on mine.

- Marcus gave me some money, to visit you. I will, when I get the chance I will.

- I will be waiting.

Tears cover my face, he wipes them away.

- Hey, it's not the end.

I laugh a little and a smile makes its way to my face.

- It feels like it.

- Well, it's not. - His voice firm.

We stay in each others arms, not talking, just enjoying each other presence. I can't help but think about all the time we could have spent together instead of fighting, instead of worrying about everything.

"Flight to Canada 4610 please go to the gates"

A voice says from a speaker.

- You have to go - Tobias says, not meeting my gaze. I grab his chin and make him look at me. We stay like this but I hear Caleb and Jem calling me.

- I love you - He says with such emotion that it sounds almost painful.

- I love you too - My voices dripping with sadness, loyalty and adoration.

We slowly untangle ourselves from each other and share one last kiss. I walk to where Caleb and his step parents are waiting but before I get there I think I hear something.

- Don't break my heart.

It was barely a whisper but I heard it anyway and kept walking, because I knew that If I turned back I wouldn't have the strength to leave.

Caleb and I say goodbye to Tessa and Jem and go to the departure lounge. It's finally time to board the plane.

Caleb has to sit on the front of the plane and me on the back so we go our separate ways. I find my sit beside a cute black haired guy. He notices me and introduces himself.

- Hi, I'm Jason - He smiles at me.

- I'm Tris - I smile politely.

- You can take the window. - He offers then stands up and help me with my bag.

- Thanks

We sat in silence and sad memories start making their way to my head so I decide to talk to Jason.

- So you are going just to visit someone or as a tourist or what?

- I am going to study there.

- Me too!!

I discovered that we are going to the same university.

The plane starts rolling and then take off. I look outside the window and written in rose petals on the ground it says:

Luv u Tris

Att: T.

My eyes start watering and tears freely fall, and not caring that he can't hear me I shout:

- I LOVE YOU TOO TOBIAS!!!

People in the plane stare at me with big smiles and some with tears of joy.

- Wow, who wrote that? - Asks Jason.

- My boyfriend - I say with a big smile that can't be erased from my face.

- Wow I wish I had a boyfriend like that.

I stare at him wide eyed. He is gay. I smile at him reassuring him that it was OK. He smiles gratefully at me and then I close my eyes, dreaming of deep blue eyes, those eyes that belong to the love of my eternity because one life isn't enough.