Twenty Sixth chapter

Four's POV

I woke up with something laying on top of me, I try to move it but it just squeeze me tighter. I open my eyes and see that It wasn't a something, it was someone, to be more precise, it was Tris.

Her long hair was sprayed on my naked chest, her chest hidden on the bed.

I start tracing patterns on her bare back until she wakes up.

- Morning - She says with a smile. I kiss her.

- Morning - I say when we pull apart. We stare into each other eyes until we hear the front door close. Tris' eyes go wide.

- John and Amelia!! They were coming today, I completely forgot, hide in the closet!! - She says. I grab my underwear and pants and go inside the closet just as the door of Tris room opens.

- You whore!!! What is this mess you dare to call a room!? - Yells the outrage voice of John.

- I-I am sorry I - Tris was interrupted by the sound of flesh colliding with flesh.

- You are pathetic!!!

- John this isn't you!! You have a problem, you know it's true cause you said so!!

- I am always right! - John seems to be more relaxed.

- Yeah you are always right!!, you said this wasn't you, snap out of it John! You don't want to hurt me!

- I don't want to hurt you - John repeats.

At this point I was completely lost. ¿How did she manage to convince him? ¿What is going on here?.

- I am sorry Tris! I am so sorry!! It happened again. - John says, sounding like he's crying.

- It's OK, It's not your fault - Tris says in a soothing voice. I heard the door close and I dress up and go out to find Tris , wearing her bra and shorts, on her bed with a bruise on her face and a handprint on her left wrist.

- ¿ What the hell was that? - I ask.

- He has a problem, he needs medical help, he is receiving treatment.

- ¿ So you have to put up with this until he's cured!?? - I say, angry with that man, angry with Tris for nor telling me.

- No, I am going to Canada. - Was all she said.

- How come he didn't yell at you for being dressed like that?

- I usually sleep like this - She shrugged.

I was finishing getting ready when my phone rang.

- Baby, answer my phone please? - I ask Tris. She picks it up.

- Hello?.... Yeah.... OK. - She puts my phone down and mouthes : Evelyn. I extend my hand and grab the phone.

- Hello?

- Tobias? Is that you?

- Yeah, it's me. Hello mom. - I wasn't used to call her that.

- Who was that? The one who answer?

- That's Tris, my girlfriend.

- Why did she answer your phone? - She sounded angry.

- Because I asked her to - I say in a defensive tone.

- mmmm well I need to go. We will talk later - And with that she hung up. I sighed and sat beside Tris.

- I need to go, sorry, I will call you - I say, giving her a long kiss. We lay on her bed with me on top and I find her bra claps. She pulls away.

- Amelia and John are here and you need to go so....

- Yeah - I wonder how am I going to get out of here without being noticed.

- You can use my window and climb down the tree - Tris says, reading my mind.

I give her one last kiss and then go out the window ignoring my fear of heights and jump to a near tree and climb down. I run to my car that I luckily have parked around the corner.

I get home and find Marcus on the living room.

- Son - He calls me.

- Father - I nod.

- Come sit with me - I go and sit beside him. - How's Tris?

- She's fine, thanks - I smile.

- Everything fine between you two? - Marcus asks with genuinely interest.

- Well yeah.... - I sigh  - But she's going to college in Canada and I'm going to Atlanta.

- Oh I see. Here - He says, handing me a piece of paper. - with this you can take money from my account in the bank, use it to visit Tris.

I stare at him for a long time and then do something I never thought I would, I hug him. Then something came to my mind.

- Why are you suddenly being so nice? After all of those years of beatings? Why?

He hesitates a little before answering.

- I let out my anger on you because of what your mother did, I didn't take too well that she left me, and then I didn't want you to leave to so I decided to made you afraid of me. In my business trip I went to a doctor and he said I had a mental disorder, that's why I always acted bad and then good. Seeing you happy with Tris made me realize that you didn't deserve the life I gave you so I will do anything to keep you somewhat happy, and right now Tris is your happiness.

I was completely speechless. I nod and go to my room, thinking about everything. I smile, no more beatings, I have a mother again, Tris loves me, and I get to visit her.

Unbelievable.