Eighth chapter

Eighth chapter

Tris' POV

Things with Four have been going good, I think I might have feelings for him, I already forgave him for how he acted towards me.

Next morning I wake up late, so I have to get ready in a hurry, now I'm in the car heading to school, wearing black shorts and a white T-shirt with the school logo in the back.

I pull into the parking lot and notice that my friends are hanging out in front of a big tree. I start to walk towards them but I stop midway.

Leaning on a car there is a boy about my age, with dark hair and green eyes, I recognize him immediately even though I haven't seen him in so long. He must have sense me looking cause he looks up from his book and stares directly at me. He seems paralyzed and then his eyes fill with recognition. I sprint towards him and jump into his open arms.

-Caleb - That is the only thing I say.

- Beatrice - He says, softly crying - I have missed you so much.

People are staring at us, but we don't care.

- How about we go to get a coffee and catch up - My brother suggests.

- Wow, Caleb Prior ditching class? Never thought I would live to see that day coming - He cringes a little at the mention of our real last name. - Let's go.

We get inside his car, a red Mercedes ( wow three people with the same car, weird ) and leave school.

Once we get to the coffee we order and sit on a table in the corner.

- So - I begin - Tell me your story.

- Well, the Carstairs adopted me, James and Tessa, they are my step parents. We moved to New York, then we moved here, I've been here for 3 years.

In that moment our coffee arrives. Caleb takes a sip of his and then continues speaking

- I thought I will never see you again, and if I did, I thought I wouldn't recognize you. - He says, with a sad face.

- Now I'm here - I say, taking his hand in mine - We are together again.

- Yeah - He smiles - Together again.

- So tell me - He continues - what about you? What's your story?

- Well, I was in orphan care for about 3 months after you left, I was adopted by the Matthews, John and Veronica, I lived there for about a year but then my step mother, Veronica, left with another man, so me and John...

- It's John and I - Caleb interrupts.

I roll my eyes and continue.

- John and I moved here, he found Amelia and they got married, a month ago I changed schools and here I am. - I finish. I leave out the part of John's anger issues.

- Well, I'm glad you came - He says with a smile.

- Ahhh so you are a fan of The Wanted, who would have thought?

Caleb blushes so hard that he could be confused as a tomato. We pay for our coffee and drive back to school. We get there just in time for lunch. We exchange numbers and say goodbye.

I enter the cafeteria and immediately spot my friends by our table, I walk there and when I sit all the conversations stop.

- Hi guys! - I say with the smile that I have being wearing since I found Caleb.

They just ignore me and keep talking between them.

- It's something wrong? - I ask.

- Do you hear something? - Zeke says.

- Just an annoying voice, I wish it would stop talking - Uriah answers. They all stand up and walk away, I grab Christina's arms and hold her there until the rest have gone.

- What the hell is your problem!? - I ask her.

- Well, we thought you were different, but Four was right, you are just another slut. - She says with disgust.

- And what made you think that?

- You and Four have been flirting for the past few weeks and don't even try to deny it - She says the last part when she sees I opened my mouth to protest - But then this morning you hugged this guy and ditched class to do God knows what!!!.

This makes me angry, ¿How dare they  judge me like that?

- First, we went to drink a coffee.

"Second, Hug someone doesn't make me a slut

And third, that guy is my brother who I haven't seen since I was 10!!!" - I finish the last part yelling. Just then the bell rings and I stomp to my next class, leaving a speechless Christina behind.