Tenth chapter

Four's POV

Now I am completely sure that I have feelings for Tris. So when I saw her hugging that guy like her life depended on it, something inside of me snapped. How could she? We've been flirting for the past weeks and now she has a new toy. I guess she really is a complete whore.

We see her get in the car with that guy and drive away. Ughh I don't even want to know what are they going to do. My friends look at me with pity. Zeke must have told them that I like Tris.

- Maybe there's and explanation - Marlene says.

- Explanation!? - I say with incredulity.

They all lower their heads because they don't have any excuses. We go to our respective classes.

When lunch comes we sit at our table and make small talk.

- Have you seen Tris? - Lynn asks. She really considers her a friend.

- No - Will says. - I haven't seen her since this morning.

- Ow - is all that she says. Just then, Tris enters the cafeteria and walks to our table with a big smile plastered on her face. That breaks my heart. Knowing that another guy is the cause of her happiness. We stop talking.

- Hi guys! - she says as she sits down.

We just ignore her and keep talking.

- It's something wrong? - She asks. Confused.

- Do you hear something? - Zeke says.

- Just an annoying voice, I wish it would stop talking - Uriah answers. We all standd up and walk away.

- Wanna hang out today at my house? - Shauna asks.

- I always want to do that - Zeke says with a wink. Shauna rolls her eyes at him but gives him a quick kiss.

- Sure - Marlene and Uriah say.

- OK - Will says.

- I live there - Lynn says. Of course, she is Shauna's sister.

- I'll be there - Was all I say.

- Where's Christina? - Will asks. Oh so that's why it is so silent here.

Just then the bell rings, Shauna texts Christina telling her the plan and we go on separate ways.

----------- TIME SKIP ------------------------

We are all in a circle in Shauna's living room, when Christina enters all agitated.

- Guys! - She says, panting - We made a terrible mistake.

- What? - Marlene asks.

- Tris asked what was wrong and I told her that we knew she was a slut for flirting with Four - At this point I am blushing like crazy - And then hugged another guy.

- Well it's true!! - Uriah says.

- NOOO! - Christina yells- That guy is her brother! And she said she haven't seen him since she was 10.

At that we all stay silent.

- We are idiots - is all that Zeke says. We nod in agreement.

- But they look nothing alike - Points Will out. He is the erudite of the group.

- Well they have the same jawline - Lynn says.

I feel like a complete idiot.

- Well, you are - Uriah says.

Ooops I said that out loud.

- We should apologized to her - Marlene says.

- Tomorrow before school - Will says. We nod and leave.

A smile finds its way onto my face. Tris has gone through so much, I don't know what but I know that she is a good girl. Why couldn't I see it before?

I get home, Marcus isn't there. I lie down on my bed and fall asleep thinking about what I'm going to say to Tris tomorrow.