Chapter 1: Isabella's P.O.V

The sun was shining. The sky was clear. The birds were tweeting. Everyone was happy. The world was excited to start a new day.

Everyone apart from me.

I woke up feeling like I wanted to punch someone in the face. No reason for it. Just because today was going to be a bad day. I could sense it in my bones.

And so I punched the first person I came across that morning in the face. No reason for it. Just because I was annoyed. For no reason.

That person happened to be my equally grumpy brother. My older brother. My oldest brother. Felix Cole. Possibly the most over protective brother a person could find.

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" He shouted at me after receiving a very painful punch to the face.

"Felix! I'm sorry! I thought you were- um... Mason! Yes, I thought you were Mason!" I stumbled.

"What reason to you have to punch Mason in the face?" He asked, clearly still pissed, and holding his bleeding nose.

"Er... he took my cupcakes! And he ate them!" Really? My cupcakes? I hate cupcakes. Goddamnit.

"You hate cupcakes." He stated. "Give me your phone."

"Why?"

"Give me your goddamn phone, Isabella!" Felix yelled.

"Woah, calm down. Here you go." I replied as I gave it to him.

"Now get out of my sight before I lose my patience with you." He snapped.

I quickly ran downstairs into the kitchen. A murmur of 'good morning' and 'hey Isabella' was heard as I sat down at the table.

"Morning Dad. Hey Mason and where's Leo and Joe?" I said as I sat down at the table. I'm the only girl in my family. Yes, it's a pain in my ass. And yes, they are protective assholes.

"Leo and Joe are out." Dad replied. I choked on my food.

"O- out?" I asked, gobsmacked.

"Yes, what's the problem?" Mason answered.

"IT'S 8:00 IN THE FUCKING MORNING!!  THAT'S MY PROBLEM!!" I freaked out.

"Isabella!! Do not speak to your brother like that!! And don't swear at the table!!" Dad told me off, angrily. I got up from the table and stepped away.

"It's 8:00 in the fucking morning. That's my problem." I repeated.

"ISABELLA." Dad's voice boomed throughout the kitchen. "What did I just tell you?!!"

"I didn't shout and I didn't swear at the table." I replied.

"Give me your phone." He snapped.

"Felix has it. I punched him. By accident, but sort of on purpose." I said calmly.

"That's it." Dad got up from the table and slammed his hands on it. "You're grounded, go to your bedroom, right now!!" He shouted.

"Dad!! That's not fair!!" I complained.

"NOW!!" He yelled. I stormed off upstairs and slammed my bedroom door shut.

So far, my day had been shit. I knew it would be,

Later that day.
I had been in my room all day. When Felix and my Dad are mad at me, I usually stay out of their way. They are definitely the most scary. But I was hungry. And I needed food. So I headed downstairs. And then bumped into my dad's right hand man.

"Hey John." I hugged him. He's like an uncle to me, we're pretty close.
"Hey Belle, I heard you got into a bit of trouble." He chuckled.

"It's not funny, and both Dad and Felix overreacted. Like always." I rolled my eyes.

"Can't go a day without being a troublemaker, huh?" He ruffled my hair and smiled.

"John! That took forever!" I whined as I fixed my hair. "And anyway, I woke up in a bad mood, so I was bound to get into trouble."

"Well Adam's under a lot of stress, Belle. Try not to get into his bad books at the moment." John said sternly.

"If he let me join again, then he'd be-" I started to explain.

"Then he'd be under more stress, worrying about you." John interrupted. I rolled my eyes.
"Sure whatever, John. I need some food before I get hangry." I started to walk downstairs.

"What's hangry?" John asked as I got to the bottom.

"Hungry and angry!!" I shouted back.

As I walked into the kitchen, Mason and Leo were sitting at the breakfast bar.
"Hey Mas, hey Leonardo." I said as I walked over to the fridge.

"What've I done now?" Leo asked. He knows I call him by his full name when I'm pissed at him.

"You got me into trouble." I answered. "And Joseph."

"You actually did that yourself." Mason argued.

"Shut up Mason." I replied as I walked back upstairs with a sandwich, crisps, chocolate bar, grapes, and a milkshake. I was hungry, okay?

"What did I do?!" Leo hissed to Mason as I ran back upstairs. Mason laughed at him.
———
As I sat on my windowsill, I thought. I did a lot of that these days. Ever since Mum died.

I was 14 when she died. She was my best friend, my biggest supporter, my gossip buddy, the only one who truly understood what it was like to be me. A teenage girl in a mafia world.

And I miss her. I miss her like hell. Of course, my brothers miss her too. But they were always closer with my Dad. And my Dad, well, he misses her everyday. He hasn't been with another woman since. He hasn't even thought about it, he doesn't even look at women as they walk past. He's loyal. He loves her. I want a relationship like that one day. I guess my Dad understands how much I miss her. She was the glue to this family. She kept us going when things were tough. She helped my Dad with his work, she got him to let me join.

But then she was gone. Just like that. Dad wouldn't let me come to the warehouse anymore. He didn't want to risk losing me. So I had to leave, I wasn't a Lion anymore. I thought I'd get over it. But I haven't. Being there, it reminded me of Mum. Of how she lit up the places and rooms she was in. Of how she could put smiles on anyone's faces. But I can't be there. So I sit on my windowsill.

I had my last conversation with her here. I told her I loved her, and we gossiped for hours until it was time to go. And then, I never saw her again.

I'm just a 15 year old girl in a mafia world. A world where I don't really belong in my family's eyes. But in my eyes, this is where I belong. No, not on the windowsill. I belong in the mafia, I am a Red Lion. Whether my Dad can accept it or not. It's in my blood.

My mother taught me that.

"This life. It's where you belong. Fight for it, Mia Bella. Don't let any man tell you you're not good enough. It's in your blood."

~~~

First chapter, did you like it?
I'm going to do some character introductions next chapter so you can get to know everyone better.

Thank you for reading! Comment and Vote!
- K