Chapter 30: Mason's P.O.V

Knocking on Dad's door, I started to feel really nervous. I heard him say  'Come in' and so I entered.

"Hey Dad."

"Mason."

I walked over to the middle of the room. I looked around in wonder, I hadn't been here in so long. Behind Dad's desk, there was window, displaying the huge garden at the back of the house. There was a coffee table and sofa just in front of Dad's desk. The sofa was small and blue, matching the one wall where the fireplace was. A family picture was hung above the fireplace, all 7 of us. Dad was standing next to Mum with his arm around her. Felix was next to him and me and Jospeh were in front of them. Isabella was only 7, sitting on the floor with a huge grin on her face.

"You've always loved coming in here as a child." Dad spoke suddenly. I smiled at the memories of me sitting on Dad's lap colouring.

"How are you?" I asked, turning to face him.

"I remember. Last night." Dad's eyes were full
of regret. "I was so drunk. I behaved so badly Mason. And Isabella had to deal with that."

"Yeah, she's pretty freaked out. She wrote what happened." I replied softly.

"She was so scared of me this morning. I really messed up. What kind of father am I?" Dad rubbed his eyes and sighed deeply.

"You're stressed out, that's all." I reassured him. "You're a great father, don't doubt yourself."

"Thank you Mason." We smiled at each other for a moment. I turned towards the door and with one last look around the office, I left.

"If only he knew." I heard Dad say under his breath, not meaning for me to hear.

If only I knew what?

Isabella's P.O.V.
I picked up my phone and clicked on FaceTime. I scrolled to Jason's name and pressed call.

"Hey!" Jason's face popped up on my screen, with a huge grin. I waved back at him, being sure to wipe away any tears that may signal that I've been crying. "Have you been crying?"

I shook my head and smiled at him. I didn't want to him to come over in case he into trouble, I just wanted to hear his voice again. "Yes you have. I'm coming over. I'll be there in 10." He hung up. I loved that he cared, but I just hoped he wouldn't come through the front door.

And, 10 minutes later, Jason appeared at my window. His brown hair was blowing sideways in the wind and his eyes were full of worry. He knocked on my window to get my attention and I quickly opened it to let him in.

He climbed through and pulled me into a hug as soon as his feet landed on hard ground. I laid my head against his chest, taking in the smell of his cologne. He stroked my hair lovingly and kissed my forehead when he pulled away from me.

"Tell me how to fix it

"Tell me how to fix it." He said quietly. I shook my head and smiled to myself. Somethings can't always be fixed just like that. My eyes fell onto his lips again and I so desperately wanted to kiss him. But after last time, I couldn't disappoint or let him down again. I think he noticed me looking and I blushed intensely.

Jason put his hand to me cheek and his thumb ran over my lips. "If you want to kiss me, all you had to do was ask, Iz." He whispered, his voice hoarse.

I slowly lifted myself up onto my tiptoes and leant forward before checking myself and quickly pulling away. Jason looked startled and his face filled with confusion. I was breathing heavily, that fraction of a second being close to him, it made my heart rate rise. It made me excited and it made me want to-

I ran back over to him and threw myself on his lips. I jumped up and wrapped my legs around his waist, gripping his face tightly and pulling him closer to me. A low moan came from my throat when his hand traveled up my back and gradually into my hair.

I could feel him grinning as we kissed and I returned the smile. His lips fell away from mine as we took a break to breath. We rested our foreheads against each other, laughing gently. I could almost feel his happiness radiating from him and it made my heart warm.

And it was okay. No Daniel. He didn't control me this time. He didn't take over. I didn't let him. I was in control of myself. I'm not going to let him control me anymore. He has for far too long. Being able to kiss the boy I lo- liked so much without a single bit of fear taking over, made me see how I needed to take control over myself and my body again.

Sunday.
I woke up to the sun streaming through the curtains. I rolled carefully over and out of my bed. Today was a new day. A good day. And I was in control.

As I walked across the landing to the stairs, I thought back to yesterday and my secret time with Jason. I felt myself smiling unintentionally from the memory.

"What you smiling about?" Leo asked as he strolled in front of me and took the stairs two at a time. He stumbled due to his sore leg and I rolled my eyes. He thinks he's invincible sometimes.

"Nothing." I replied quietly. Leo stopped and turned to face me, beaming from ear to ear. I grinned back started to descend down the stairs. Leo didn't say anything like 'You talked!' or anything like that, I was grateful.

I raced him into the kitchen. Sadly, he was winning so I jumped onto his back and he toppled forward from the force of me, just enough for me to leap over his head and into the kitchen first.

"Hey! That's not fair!" Leo whined in defeat.

"Don't be a sore loser, big brother!" I teased as I walked backwards into the kitchen.

He growled and his lip curled upwards. I squeaked and ran behind the kitchen counter, my other brothers watching in confusion. Leo sprinted forward and lunged for me, only to be hauled back by Mason. I teased him and made faces as he couldn't catch me now.

"What the hell did she do?" Mason asked.

"She cheated!" Leo replied in anger. He was such a sore loser, like Mason.

"She cheated, did she? We can't have that, can we now?" Mason said evilly. Oh God.

"It was a race. I simply used Leo's height to my advantage." I said smirking, trying to get out of whatever was coming my way.

All my brothers froze, except Leo who was grinning. Felix had just walked in and heard me too. I bit my lip nervously. Were they mad at me?

"Don't do that, you'll make yourself bleed." Mason broke the silence. My mouth slowly broke into a smile and my eyes lit up. All four of my brothers grinned back at me.

Everything was going to be okay. It would take time, but, it was going to be okay.

~~~

What's going to happen next? Comment your thoughts?

Thank you for reading! Comment and vote!
- K