Chapter 32: Isabella's P.O.V

I sat on my windowsill focusing on breathing in and out. Like I said, I was never ever going to be involved with the mafia, nor was I going to try to. It caused all my problems.

But now, I've been given the chance to be involved. Just this once. Or maybe it's not just this once. Maybe it's more than that. I don't know. But I freaked out. Maybe I should have said yes. Maybe I should have thought about it. Maybe I should have just said no like I did.

"Isabelle, are you okay?" Leo popped his head around the door and looked at me on the windowsill. I nodded slightly and heard him sigh as he came closer.

"What was that back there?" He asked carefully. I shrugged. I think Leo was expecting me to talk, but I couldn't. It was happening all over again.

Leo sat down on the edge of the windowsill, not saying anything. I shuffled over to him and put his arm around me. I curled up against him and just let my big brother hold me.

"Izzy, you've wanted this forever. What changed you mind?" Leo urged gently. "If you still want to go, they haven't left yet."

"It was Daniel. And the mafia itself. I don't want anything to do it anymore." I replied quietly. I felt Leo stiffen at the mention of Daniel.

"I'll kill him. He ruined your dream." I smiled sadly at Leo, knowing that wouldn't change my mind.

"Dad's probably already killed him." I answered dryly. Leo shook his head slightly and sighed.

"He hasn't." He told me. I pulled away from him and stared at him in shock.

"He hasn't?" I repeated. "Why? What do you mean?"

Leo stood up abruptly. He muttered something to himself and walked over to the door. He looked at me briefly before shutting it purposefully behind him. I got up, threw the door open and ran after him as he walked along the hallway. I grabbed his arm and he turned around to look at me.

"Isabella. Leave it. I shouldn't have said that." Leo snapped. I dropped my arm and narrowed my eyebrows at him.

"Tell me what's going on. I deserve to know." I said in barely a whisper. I could almost see the clogs turning in his head as he decided what to do.

"Come with me." He muttered as he looked around him to see if anyone was there before taking my arm and pulling me into his room.

I sat down on his bed and looked at Leo as he shut his door tight. He turned around and sat next to me, taking a deep breath.

"Look. I shouldn't be telling you this. Any of it. Mason made me swear." He rubbed his eyes. I put my hand on his knee and he looked down at my hand and then back at me.

"I won't tell anyone. I swear." I reassured him with a smile. Leo averted his eyes and bit his lip.

"Oh my, look at the time. It's nearly 9:00pm and you have school tomorrow! Off you go to bed!" Leo exclaimed. I growled at him and gave him my best glare.

"If that's meant to be scary, it's really not." He said nervously. I raised my eyebrows at him. "Maybe a little bit."

"Just tell me." I begged. "You already said you would."

"Promise me you won't see Dad in a different way." Leo told me. I stared at him. It was about Dad? "Promise me, Izzy."

"I promise." I replied.

Leo took a deep breath. "Dad's holding him in a cell down below. He's- he's.... torturing him."

I kinda froze for second. Dad is a torturer? No, it's his job, that's what he has to do. Right?

Monday.
I skipped down the stairs in the happiest mood. I was finally going to school again. Finally.

"Good morning!" I announced as I leaped into the kitchen. Leo gave me a look, a worried one. After he told me about Daniel and Dad yesterday, I ran out of the room so fast.

"What's got you in such a good mood?" Joseph asked. I ruffled his hair as I sat down next to him. "Oi! Watch it!"

"Am I not allowed to be happy?" I asked sweetly, smiling at them all. Joseph rolled his eyes and continued eating.

"She's going to school, that's why." Felix informed them and I grinned. I just couldn't wait.

———
School was shit. I'm never going back. Ever. That goddamn place can rot in hell along with everyone in it.

Firstly, neither Jason or Alexis were at school and I don't have the slightest fucking clue why.
Secondly, I couldn't phone them and ask because my phone died.
Thirdly , I had the shittiest classes today.
Fourthly, I had no idea how to communicate with anyone.
Fifthly, every time someone tried to talk to me, I couldn't speak. I was just getting worse.
Sixthly, everyone at school now calls me mute.
Seventhly, none of the teachers did anything about it.

Should I go on?!

ARGHH!!! I hate that goddamn place! I'm not going back and no one can make me.

As I walked home with Joseph, I could notice him giving me weird looks. He didn't know about my day, no one at school would make it obvious because they knew they'd get beaten up.

"What's up with you?" He asked, tilting his head slightly to look past my hair.

"Nothing, jeez. I'm fine." I grumbled. He held his hands up and rolled his eyes.

"Chill!" He nudged my shoulder and I flipped round to him in anger.

"Just back off, okay?!!" I yelled which attracted a lot of attention from other people walking past. Joseph stopped and looked at me worriedly while I glared at him for a while, before storming off and leaving him behind.

"Don't walk off, Isabella! Felix will kill me and you know it!" He called after me while trying to catch up.

"How about you just FUCK OFF?!" I screamed back, turning around just as he reached me. "Does it look like I care about whether Felix will kill you? Cause news flash, I don't give a fuck!!"

Joseph stepped back, shocked at my sudden out burst. I was gonna get hell for it at home but I right now, I don't care.

~~~

Thank you for reading! Comment and vote!
- K