Chapter 29: Isabella's P.O.V

I apologise in advance for the swearing in this chapter.

~~~

After a few minutes, we released each other and I climbed off Felix's lap.

"You okay now?" He asked me. I nodded. "Good. We need to talk."

"Felix." Leo said warningly. "You said-"

Felix held his hand up to stop Leo from talking. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and tapped around for a second. He showed me the message I sent to the school.

"Was this you?" He asked, demandingly. I shook my head. "Isabella. The truth."

We stared each other out for a while before I caved in and admitted to sending it. Felix dropped his phone on the worktop dramatically and Mason sighed while he rubbed his forehead.

"And do you want to tell us where Joseph is?" Mason asked. I shook my head and smiled a little. Felix glared at me.

"This isn't funny." He snapped.

"What's not funny?"

Jospeh strolled into the kitchen. He stopped and looked around him at the mess on the floor.  "What happened here?" He raised his eyebrows.

"How was school Joseph?" Felix questioned.

"It was great." He replied simply

"That's good. I'm glad you skipped it then."

"What? I- I didn't-" Joseph stumbled over his words. His gaze travelled to me. I looked down at my lap guiltily.

"Oh yes, Isabella admitted to sending that text. Now you are going to tell me where you went." Felix told him.

He looked around at Mason and Leo for help. They both shrugged. I felt his eyes on me. I looked away, trying to keep my head down and blocking out his gaze.

"Fine. I was on a date with a guy. Happy now?" Joseph snapped and stormed out of the room. As soon as he was gone, I looked the rest of my brothers.

Their faces were all full of surprise. Joseph came out three years ago, but he's never been on a date. Not one. I subtly studied their faces, looking for any anger or disappointment. But there was none. Leo had a small smile plastered on his face. Mason's eyes were shining but otherwise he was expressionless. Felix was trying so hard to be mad, but secretly, I think he was proud.

I stood up and quickly jogged out of the kitchen door before anyone could stop me. I opened Joseph's bedroom door to see him sitting at his desk, writing away. I slowly walked over to him and put my hand on his shoulder. He jumped a little and turned to face me. I pulled him up and wrapped my arms around him.

"I know you tried, so thank you

"I know you tried, so thank you." He said quietly. He let go of me and smiled sadly. I made a face at him, saying 'How was it?' and he laughed.