Chapter 11: Isabella's P.O.V

"Izzy! Wait!" Joe called out after me as I ran inside.

"Isabelle!!" Felix shouted.

"Woah, woah woah, what's going on?" Mason put his arm out to stop me going past as I collided into him.

"Let me past, Mason!" I tried to get past but he moved to block me.

"What's going on?" He repeated as Felix and Joseph ran into the kitchen. I shoved past Mason and started towards the door.

"Mia Bella."

I whirled around, my eyes round, my jaw tight.
"Don't call me that." I said through gritted teeth.

"I know you're upset, but this is how it has to be." Felix explained, softly.

"You haven't given me a chance. Don't say shit that isn't true." I snapped back.

"Don't talk to me like that!!" Felix shouted. I took a step back. Felix, seeing this, let his face soften. "Bella, please just trust us."

"Give me a chance." I told him.

"You know he can't do that without Dad's permission." Mason stepped in.

"Call him." I answered. They all looked at me with blank faces. "Fine, I'll do it." I pulled my phone out my pocket and dialled Dad's number.

"Hey Bella, is everything okay?" Dad asked.

"Felix wants to talk to you, but he won't call you." I told him.

"Give me the phone." Felix sighed and I handed him the phone. He walked out the room, talking to Dad.

I looked at Joseph, and he smiled, his big, goofy grin. And this time, I smiled back.

Who knows, maybe, if they see how upset I am, how desperate I am, I might have a chance.

Just maybe.

———
"Jace, bring Jace back."
"Clary...." Jace's voice was quiet, just a whisper.
"Jace!"

"Joe, it's so sad!" I hugged him, crying my eyes out. We were watching our favourite show, Shadowhunters.

"I know..." He wiped his own tears and pulled me closer.

"Isabella! Joseph!" Dad's voice came upstairs and disrupted our moment.
"Coming!" Joseph called out.

We ran downstairs and into the lounge to see everyone seated on the sofas.

"Have you been crying?!"

"What happened?!"

"Who do I need to punch?!" That was Leo.

"No one, it's fine." I laughed at them. "Jace just died and Clary brought him back to life. It was extremely emotional."

"Very emotional." Joe agreed.

"Oh my god, how am I related to you two?" Leo sighed.

"Hey!" I punched his arm.

"Children! Will you stop arguing for 1 second?!" Dad asked, raising his eyebrows.

"I'm not a child!" Leo complained.

"Leonardo, do me a favour and shut up." Felix told him. Leo huffed and folded his arms.

"Right. Thank you Felix." Dad said. "Isabella." He turned to me.

"Dad." I replied.

"Felix told me about today. You got a bit upset. And you want us to give you a chance?"
"Yes." I simply replied. "I do."

"You can have that chance." He said, kind of reluctantly. "But 1 chance. And that is it."

A smile grew on my face. I screamed and jumped around and then threw myself onto Dad. I had wanted this for ages. It was my biggest dream. And it had come true.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I screamed.

"Try not to deafen me, Bella!" Dad exclaimed, but he was laughing.

"When do I start?!" I jumped up and down, I couldn't keep still.

"In a few weeks." Felix replied. My face dropped. A few weeks?!

"Please tell me you're joking?" I begged.

"Yeah, you can start on Friday." He answered.

"Friday? OMG, I love you!" I cried aloud. "Thank you so much!" I threw my arms around Felix.

"Bella, you have to be mature about this. You know how much I'm risking here." Dad put on his serious voice.

"I know Dad. What happened with Mum, it won't happen with me. I promise." I reassured him.

"Okay." He smiled.

———
"WHAT?!"

"Flipping heck, Lexi! Don't burst my eardrums!" I cried.

"Are you serious?!" She asked through the phone.

"Yes, I am."

After they told me I could join The Red Lions again, we all watched a movie and pigged out on pizza. And then Jasmine called Mason and he left. I was currently calling Lexi, to tell her the good news.

"I wanna join!" She whined.

"You'll have to persuade Callum, not me!" I laughed.

"I'm trying! He's so stubborn!" She laughed as well.

"Isabella! Omg isn't it just amazing!" Oh god. Here she comes.

Jasmine threw my door open and squealed when she saw me. "You can join! Aren't you just so happy!" She hugged me. Mason smiled at her from the doorway.

"Lex, I've got to go." I told her. I dropped my voice. "Satan's here." She chuckled and ended the call.

"Can I leave you girls here?" Mason asked.

"Of course babe! Me and Isabella have so much catching up to do!" Jasmine kissed Mason on the cheek and shut the door on him.

"Right bitch. Listen up." She stalked towards me, as soon a Mason was out of earshot. "Stay away from Mason. You are causing him so much stress, all he does is talk about you."

I laughed at her. "Are you serious?! He's my brother! I don't control what he talks about. Bring it up with him if you're bothered."

"Ugh! You- you- bitch!" She said, obviously struggling for an insult.

"You already said that. Need a dictionary?" I asked, bored.

"Argh! You bitch! Just leave Mason alone!" And with that, she stormed out the room.

"I'm gonna get her a dictionary for her birthday."

~~~

So Isabella can finally rejoin The Red Lions!
Will her family be able to protect her?

Thank you for reading! Comment and vote!
- K