Chapter 13: Felix's P.O.V

Dad had got a call from the school saying Isabella had gotten into a fight. My baby sister! Getting into a fight! It just made my blood boil. I was so mad. At her. And at the kid she fought with. And the school.

She's still a little kid.

When I heard the door open, Mason and Leo sat up. I leant forward on the breakfast bar and linked my fingers together. Dad and Isabella walked into the kitchen. She looked at Leo, and then Mason. And then me. I gave her a glare. She looked down straight away and I saw her gulp.

"Sit." Dad told her and she sat obediently. He got an ice pack out of the freezer and gave it to her.

Why would he give her an ice pack? I looked at her face and suddenly I saw her black eye! Who the fuck would do this to her? Why would she even put herself in that position?

"Is someone gonna explain what happened?" Leo asked, looking to Dad.

"She got in a fight with some boy." He said simply.

"He was hitting on me!" She argued. I gave her another glare and she quickly looked back down.

"If you want to explain, do it without raising your voice at us." I said calmly, surprising her with my calmness.

She sighed. "He was hitting on me. So I slapped him round the face. So he punched me in the eye. So I punched his stomach and then his jaw." Isabella explained. "He just got on my nerves. It's not a big deal." She rolled her eyes.

That was it. That was fucking it. It's not a big deal?

"It's not a big deal? It's not a big fucking deal?!" I slammed my hands on the table causing her to jump away from me a little. "You've just blown any chance you ever had of joining the Red Lions!"

Isabella looked at me, her big eyes filled with water. She bit her lip a little, trying hold in her tears.
"I hate you." She whispered before throwing the ice pack on floor and running out the room.

"Fucks sake." I muttered to myself.

"That was kinda harsh, not gonna lie." Leo said. Mason gave him a look, warning him to shut up before I lost it at him as well.

"Dad, what do you think?" I asked him. It was his decision after all.

"I was going to say the complete same thing." He agreed with me and I nodded back.

"Joe's gonna kill you." Leo muttered.

"Yeah, well it's not up to him is it?" I got up and stormed out the room.

I don't know what was making me so angry. It hurt me to see my little sister like that. And the way she flinched away from me- knowing I did that...

But she got in a fight! She knows the rules. She knows that getting into fights outside of the warehouse or uncontrolled conditions can be dangerous. It could even possibly blow our cover.

And it's not just that. It's the fact that he would even dare to try and hit on my sister. That made me madder. Not at her, but at him. In some small way, I guess I was proud. But I can't tell Isabella that. She'll think I'm encouraging her and she'll get herself hurt again.

Isabella's P.O.V
I ran upstairs and threw myself on my bed, letting my tears flow. I heard some more voices downstairs and then a door slam. And a phone ringing.

I lay on my bed and sighed. The phone was still ringing, no one was picking it up. And then I realised it was my phone.

I looked at the caller ID.

'Jason💕' I smiled a little at the sight of his name. I answered it, wiping my tears and calming myself down.

'Are you okay?!" He asked as soon as I put the phone to my ear.

"Yeah..." I mumbled quietly.

"No you're not. You've been crying." He told me.

"Only a bit." I admitted.

"What happened?" He asked carefully.

"I got back home, and I explained what happened. Felix got really mad and he shouted at me and I ran upstairs." I left out the part of me flinching. How could I say that I was scared of him? I thought he was to hit me. How could I think that of him?

"Do you want me to come over? Just to- to hold you?" Jason asked.
"I really do. But I'm in so much trouble at the moment, I don't want to put you in that position."

"Yeah, I understand. Are you still coming to the warehouse later?" He asked

I fell silent. "Isabelle? Are you there?" Jason spoke after I didn't answer.

"Yeah, I'm here. I'm not coming. I don't think I ever will be." I admitted.

"I'm so sorry." He said. "I should've taken care of that bastard, not you.

"It's my own fault. I've got to go. Thanks for calling, it means a lot." I could almost see him smiling at my comment. I hung up and dropped my phone onto my bed.

I shut my eyes and sighed. It wasn't late, but I was tired. I would have been in art now. One of my favourite lessons of the week. Aside from P.E.

My door creaked and I turned my head to see who it was. Mason stood in my doorway. I pulled myself up and then looked away.

"Hey." He walked in and sat on my bed. "If you want, I can call Jasmine and you guys can hang out."

I almost laughed. "Yeah sure, I'd love to hang out with that bitch."

"Hey! That's my girlfriend you're talking about! Lose the attitude! I was trying to be nice Isabella." He scolded me.

"Well she's a little cun-"

Don't even finish that sentence! I don't ever want to hear you talk like that again! If you're going to be a brat, I'll just go." He stood up.

"Fine, I'd rather be left alone anyway." I muttered as he left.

I got up and went to my wardrobe. I opened the door. My hand hovered over my sketchbook. Art had always been a secret passion of mine. Mum was the only one who knew that. I hadn't touched my book since she died.

I was about to pick it up, but I pulled my hand away like it burned. I stared at it. Damn you sketchbook. I took a deep breath. And picked it up.

~~~

Besides the fact of her mum dying, why do you think Isabella was so scared to pick it up?

Thank you for reading! Comment and vote!
- K