Chapter 7: Jason's P.O.V

"SILENCE!"

I knew I was in trouble. I was as soon as I dared to talk to her back in the gym. I just kept telling myself over and over that I wasn't going to die. They wouldn't kill me, would they?

Well, they had guns. So why wouldn't they? Omg, I'm gonna die.

"What. The fuck. Is going on. Here." Boss took his time, on every word he took a small step forward. "What was the first rule, Jason?"

I gulped. He was gonna kill me. "Don't go near Isabella." I repeated the words he told me when I first joined a a couple of months ago.

"And so you kiss her, is that right?" He asked, his voice was so intimidating.

"We actually kissed 3 times." Isabella piped up. Is she actually trying to get me killed?

Boss's head swivelled to towards his daughter. "Leo, Joseph, take her out of here." He signalled towards the boys, and they started to walk over.

"No, Dad. I'm not going." She protectively took a step in front of me. Leo and Joseph stopped. "So what if I kissed Jason? I like him. Get over it."

She likes me! I think I like her too. God I'm acting like a kid who just got a puppy for Christmas.

But still. This is exciting!

"And." Oh god, she's carrying on. She's just digging herself into a bigger hole. "I know why you've upped security." She does? Wait what?

"You do?" I asked, surprised. She turned to me.

"I figured it out. I was in this mafia before, you know. I know what happens."

"Boys, take her now, before I lose my patience." Boss kept his eyes on Isabella.

"No. Take one step towards me brothers, and I'll beat you up. I have just been training downstairs you know." She threatened. "And plus, we all know that I could beat Leo and Joseph in a fight." Joseph almost let out a small chuckle before Leo elbowed him in the ribs.

"Shall I tell you why you've upped security?" Oh god, she's still going. Boss is fuming. "You got some threat or something. About me, no doubt. So what do you do? Keep it a secret from me and increase the security. Great job Dad. If I had known, maybe I wouldn't have come here today, because I knew it was dangerous. But you didn't tell me." Isabella's voice was raising, she was getting angry.
"You didn't tell me! Because you think I'm weak and pathetic! You think I can't handle this!" She gestured around her. "You think I can't handle myself!" She jabbed her chest.
"I know I can. Because my mother taught me that! She taught me where I belong! She taught me to stand up for myself! And that's what I'm doing!" She screamed at her father.

And then she just grabbed my hand, pushed past everyone and dragged me away with her.

Isabella's P.O.V.
I just got so mad, so quickly. No one understood the connection I felt to this place. To the mafia. Or even the connection I felt to Jason.
I just took his hand and left the room.
I took him upstairs, to the main area. It was risky, they were going to be up here in a matter in seconds.

"I'm sorry." It was the first thing I said.

"I thought it was pretty hot. Though Boss got really mad. He was gonna blow if we didn't leave when we did."

"So. I'm gonna be grounded for the rest of my life."

"Probably."

"Thanks for the support." I smiled at him.

"But hey, we made progress. You admitted you like me."

"I did."

"I like you too."

"Same."

"I know, you just said that."

"I was telling you again."

"This is awkward."

"Yeah."

"Can I kiss you, again?" He asked, after a while.

"Please do." I replied.

And so he did. You know, I was getting pretty lucky today. 4 kisses in 1 day. With the same beautiful boy. The same beautiful boy that I had only know for a week.

This kiss, however, was desperate. I wanted it to last for a lifetime. Any moment, one of my brothers, or Dad or anyone could burst in. And I'd never see Jason again.

I felt connected to him. Like I've known him forever. Like we knew every part of each other. Like he knew my deepest thoughts and I knew his. Of course, we didn't, but the kiss was so deep, it just felt like it.

This kiss was a goodbye. We both knew that there's a very high chance we wouldn't see each other again. Not even Joe would help me this time. This kiss was desperate, we wanted to never let go, we wanted to stay touching forever.

A goodbye that we didn't want to happen.

~~~

What's going to happen next?

Thank you for reading! Comment and vote!
- K