Chapter 12: Isabella's P.O.V

Friday
"Do I have to go to school today?" I begged.

"Yes."

"Come on, Dad, please?" I gave him my puppy eyes.

"No."

"Argh!" I rolled my eyes and slumped down in my seat at the table. "Asshole." I muttered.

"Keep this attitude up and you won't be coming later." Felix said as he walked in.

"I don't want her come at all." Mason said as he ate his cereal.

"Me neither." Leo agreed.

"Talk about ganging up on me!" I threw my arms in the air and sat back on my chair.

"I don't really care, I'm just glad your happy." Joseph kissed my cheek as he walked past.

"At least someone is." We smiled at each other.

School
"Are you excited?" Lexi whispered to me.

"Yeah, I am." I admitted. "I've wanted this for forever."

"I think you'll be amazing, with whatever you have to do." Jason told me.

I smiled at him and he squeezed my hand. "Thank you."

"Alexis, Isabella and Jason. You all have a 30 minute detention after school for talking in my class." Our teacher announced.

"What?! Sir! I can't, not today!" I exclaimed angrily.
"I can make it an hour if you argue with me." He replied, a few people snickered.

I groaned and rolled my eyes. "Felix is gonna kill me." I muttered.

"So will Adam. And Mason. And Leo. And everyone else." Lexi replied.

"Thanks Lex." I said sarcastically.

"Your first detention. I gotta say, I'm proud." Lexi said.

"Please shut up." I glared at her and Jason laughed.

Some boy leaned back in his chair. "If you meet me in the janitors closet at lunch, I'll pay Sir to let you off your detention." He smirked at me.

I could feel Jason tense beside me. He started to take his hand out of mine but I shook my head and stopped him. I lifted my own hand and slapped that little piece of shit round the face.

"What the fuck?! You just slapped me!" He stood up from his seat and held his cheek. "If you weren't a girl, I'd slap you back."

I sized up to him. "Go on. Hit me."

He punched me in the eye and I winded him and punched his jaw.

"THAT'S ENOUGH!!" Our teacher got between us and pushed us apart. Jason and Lexi held me back while the boy wiped blood from his mouth.

"You, take him to the nurses office." Our teacher pointed at someone. "And you." He looked at me. "Come with me."

I was breathing heavily. I wiped a but of blood from my nose and stalked out the room.

I was in deep shit. I was gonna die.

Oh God! I didn't even think! Dad and Felix are gonna be so mad! They're not gonna let me come now! Oh flipping heck. That damn boy.

———
I was sitting in front of the principal, holding an ice pack to me eye. It didn't hurt but they insisted that I had one anyway.

The principal had called someone, he wouldn't tell me who. I just hoped it was going to be Dad. If Felix came, well, I doubt I'd leave this school alive.

The door opened and I crossed my fingers.

It was Dad.

Thank God.

He glared at me, I gulped and looked down. He sat in the chair next to me.

"Will somebody explain why my daughter has gotten into a fight?" His voice was calm. Firm. But calm. And that scared me.

"From what I understand, Isabella started the fight, she slapped the boy round the face." The principal replied.

"Woah! That's not how it went! He was hitting on me!" I stood up, I hated when people presumed things and didn't have the whole story.

"Sit down." Dad said.

I sat down quietly. "Would you like to explain what happened in your point of view?" The principal asked.

"So basically, the teacher gave me, Lexi and Jason a detention for talking." I felt Dad's glare on me harden. "And then the kid leant back and said that if I met him in the janitors closet at lunch, he'd pay the teacher to let me off. So I slapped him. And he punched me back. So I punched him in the stomach and in his jaw. That was it." I let out a deep breath.

"That was it? Are you kidding me Isabella?" I winced at Dad raising his voice. "Getting into a fight, during class, is unacceptable! It is unacceptable whenever it happens!" He yelled.

"Everybody calm down. Isabella, I'm afraid that I'm going to have to suspend you." The principal told me.

"What?! You can't! You'll have to suspend him as well!" I was shocked.

"He will be dealt with. But you instigated the fight."

"Isabella, wait outside, I want a word with your principal." Dad told me.

I got up, stepped outside and shut the door behind me. I tried to listen to what they were saying, but I couldn't hear anything.

A few minutes later, Dad came out with the principal.

"Let's go." He grabbed my arm and pulled me out of the school and into the car.

———
I sat in silence for a while. I didn't know what to say.
"Am I suspended?" I asked instead.

"No." Dad replied. His fingers were gripping the steering wheel tight, he jaw was clenched. It was taking everything in him not to punch something.

"What happened?" I asked quietly.

"We agreed that I would deal with you at home." It was all he said.

"Oh." I looked out the window. "Who else is at home, now?"

"Felix, Mason and Leo."

Flipping heck. If Joe isn't there to defend me, they are gonna kill me.

Felix, Mason and Leo. The worst trio to be in trouble with. Add Dad to the equation. And well, kaboom.

Maybe I'm over reacting. But still.

I'm fucked.

~~~

Thank you for reading! Comment and vote!
- K