Chapter 19: Joseph's P.O.V

The gunshots echoed throughout the building. I stood there. Watching what had just happened.

People ran forward and helped the casualties.

My brother.

My sister.

The bullet from Leo's gun had gone into my little sister's stomach. Daniel used her as a shield. One of Daniel's men had shot Leo in the leg at the same time.

I was frozen. I couldn't move. My family were hurt. My brother. And my sister. They were hurt. Again. It wasn't supposed to be this way.

There was blood surrounding both their bodies. Our men were taking Daniel and the few of his people into the cars. Dad, John and Mason were holding Isabella's and Leo's limp bodies.

Mason and John helped Leo up. He limped out the room, a huge cloth around his bleeding leg.

Isabelle was unconscious. She wouldn't wake up. She had lost so much blood. It was like Mum all over again. I started to go dizzy. My head was spinning around in circles.

"JOSEPH! Fucking focus and get over here and help me!" Dad yelled at me, panic in his voice, a few tears forming in his eyes.

I shook myself and ran over to help him carry my unconscious sister to the car.

———
It had been hours. We were sitting with Felix in his room. We had told him what happened. We all cried and prayed for them both, begging that the surgery would go okay.

It was 3 in the morning.

4 in the morning.

5.

5:30.

6.

Leo's bed was pushed into the room, shortly followed by Isabella. We stood up, rushing over to them, only to be pushed back by the doctors.

"Mr Cole, may we have a word?" Said the same doctor that talked to us about Felix yesterday.

"Yes, kids, wait here." Dad left the room. I sat in between Leo and Isabelle's bed, holding their hands.

Isabella's P.O.V.
My eyes felt glued shut. I could hear voices around me. Felix. Mason. Jospeh. Leo. Dad. All of them.

I remembered the events that had happened. What Daniel did. I almost didn't want to open my eyes.

I then felt a sharp pain in my stomach and winced in my pain. My eyes flew open and my hand shot to my stomach.

"Isabelle!"

I looked to my side, Mason and Joseph were on one side. Dad on the other. I saw Felix on the bed next to me. And Leo on the other. Leo?! Wait, what?

"Leo! What happened?" I asked panicking. I looked at him but he wouldn't look at me. I looked around at my family. I didn't get it.

"Leo was shot in the leg by one of Daniel's men." Mason answered for me.

"Oh Leo. I'm sorry. This is my fault. Are you okay?" I looked at him again.

"Don't apologise. I should be the one apologising." He said quietly.

"What? I don't get it." I tried digging back in my memory to remember what happened.