Chapter 20: Isabella's P.O.V

The next day.
I slowly sat up in bed, being careful of my wound. I lifted my shirt and looked at the stitches. I gently ran my hand over it, winced and then quickly pulled my hand away.

This was all Daniel's fault.

I hate him.

I took a deep breath and dragged myself out of bed. It was painful to walk, I had to take my time and walk slow.

"Woah, careful. You need me to help you?"
I looked to my left and saw Callum with a worried look on his face.

"No thanks, I can do it." I smiled reassuringly. I reached the stairs and looked down. This was gonna be difficult.

"Let me help you." Callum said putting a hand on my back.

I sighed in deafeat. "Fine."

He held my arm with one hand and put the other on my back. I was still walking but leaning on Callum for support.

"Is Lexi here?" I asked as we reached the bottom.

"No, I left her at home. Just visiting Felix." Callum answered.

"Is he still grouchy?"

"A little."

I raised my eyebrows disbelievingly. "A little?"

Callum chuckled. "Okay, a lot." He corrected. "He is such a control freak, it's killing him not being in control."

"Well, me, him and Leo are all in the same boat." I said shrugging and taking a seat in the kitchen.

"I guess." Callum agreed as he sat next to me.

Later that day.
Me, Lexi and Jason were all slumped on the sofa watching trashy tv. A great way to spend a Saturday afternoon.

"Can we watch something else? This is shit." Jason complained.

"Everything else is worse. Trust me." Lexi sighed and started flicking through the channels.

"Here, pass me the controller." I held out my hand but Lexi just threw it at me. "Ow!" I whined, rubbing my shoulder and glaring at my best friend.

"Sorry." Lexi laughed.

I rolled my eyes and flicked the channel over to Netflix. Jason and Lexi gasped. "Why didn't you put this on in the first place?!" Lexi shouted at me.

I burst out laughing, I couldn't help it. "Sorry, I just had to watch you suffer first." I said through my tears of laughter. Lexi grunted and folded her arms.

I put on a movie. I curled up against Jason and he put his arm around my shoulder and pulled my closer. I laid my head on his chest and he kissed my forehead.

"Talk about third-wheeling." Lexi muttered.
I chuckled quietly and grinned. We weren't even dating.

———
"Stop laughing at me!!" I cried. The movie had finished and I was in tears. Lexi and Jason were laughing their horrible asses off at me.

I wiped my tears and glared at my so-called friends. "It was sad. Shut the fuck up." I said.

"You cried! Over a movie!" Lexi laughed and leant against Jason for support.

"Heartless bitches." I muttered as I pushed them out the way and went into the kitchen.

I grabbed a glass out of the cupboard and slammed it on the counter. I got the juice out of the fridge and walked back over to my glass.

"Woah, someone's salty." Felix observed.

"Don't you talk to me about being salty." I pointed a finger at him and drank my drink in one go. He chuckled.

Jason walked into the room and put his arms around my waist. I tensed and pushed him away from me. He dropped his arms to his side and looked at me, confused. I froze. What did I do?

"Izzy? Are you okay?" Felix asked carefully. I ran out the room as quickly as I could with a gun shot wound in my stomach.

———
I sat down on my windowsill and stared out the window. I blinked a few times to get rid of my tears. Instead, they just fell down my cheeks.

I flinched away from Jason. He didn't even touch my wound. I was scared. What if I did it again? I don't want to hurt him. I don't want to hurt anyone.

Jason had his arm around me the whole movie. I didn't flinch away from him. But then, he caught me by surprise. And I got scared. And I saw Daniel.

I saw Daniel telling me I would do whatever he said.

I saw Daniel telling me to take off my clothes.

I saw Daniel slapping my cheek.

I just saw Daniel.

He had scarred me. Inside. I was scared of my friends. Of my family.

All because of him.

Because he wanted payback for whatever my Dad did years ago. And used me to get that payback.

Maybe-

Maybe it wasn't all his fault. Maybe was the damn mafia's fault. The mafia I want to be a part of.

It's funny how one event can change your view on things. On everything.

One small event can change my view on something I've wanted forever. And now- now I don't. Do I?

Do I want to be a part of something that caused this? I don't. I think. Maybe they're right. Maybe my family are right.

Maybe I don't belong in that world. It's not safe for a little girl like me. A little girl like me that can't even deal with someone showing affection.

If I can't even protect myself, how the hell are they supposed to protect me?

~~~

Thank you for reading! Comment and vote!
- K