Chapter 67 [Ae/Pete] - The Meaning That One Pursues

THIRD-PERSON POV

"P'Pete, did you see your friend the day before yesterday?"

"Hm? My friend?" 

"Yeah, a very pretty girl with a pair of big eyes, I don't know how to say it... but she said that she was your good friend, she must be from another university, right... she also has your photos!" 

The weather today was clear and the sun was scorching hot above, but Pete felt like the sky was covered with clouds, as if a storm was coming. He accidentally met this girl with a ponytail. He stood there and listened to her talking about what happened a few days ago. His instinct told him that what he had just heard was definitely not a good thing. 

"Her hair is this long and has natural color, right, Chompoo?" 

"Oh, yes, yes, her hair is very beautiful as well, she has waist-length hair, so you have already met her then? That day, she asked me for directions, so we went together to your college using the shuttle bus."

Pete was startled. Someone who came from a different university, said that she was his good friend and also had his photos. Those things perfectly matched her description.

"Deli." 

Pete blurted out her name, and Ae, who was sitting next to him, slightly frowned. 

Pete had told him everything. 

After Deli came to his house last time, Pete called his short boyfriend to tell him everything, that he was just trying to explain things and apologize to Deli, but Ae didn't get angry because of this. When he was listening to the other person, he knew how guilty Pete felt when he knew the truth about how his childhood friend thought of him... 

"I did the right thing, right, Ae? I told Deli straightforwardly that I had already had someone I liked."

The footballer didn't know how to answer this question. He just felt really relieved because of what his boyfriend did. Of course, he didn't want to get jealous of a woman over and over again, but he concerned about Pete more.

Pete didn't really understand what Deli was thinking. He was not surprised at all if she came to his college to find him, but... 

"I didn't see Deli, Chompoo". 

"What?!?" 

That's right... A few days ago, after Chompoo had a chat with Deli, she and Lemon went to eat pizza. Ae also confirmed that no one called his boyfriend that day as they were together for the whole day, so Deli certainly didn't go to see them that day. 

"Let me ask you one thing, how did you know that Deli was Pete's friend?" 

Ae asked, and the girl with the ponytail was caught off guard, she then smiled sheepishly. 

"Oh, it was all because of me." 

"Hm?" 

The two teenagers stared at her with a very confused look on their faces, waiting for her explanation. Chompoo slightly lowered her head and her voice became much softer.

"I was with Lemon that day. She approached us and asked for directions. I was talking to Lemon about me being... heartbroken, and then we just casually talked about you two and your relationship, but we didn't say anything bad. Lemon really likes you two, but unfortunately, she also overheard our conversation, so she asked us if P'Pete that we were talking about was the person in the photo." 

"You told Deli about me and Ae?!?"

"Well, yes, didn't she tell us that she had known everything? She even told us to rest assured. She said that she already knew, but I don't know why she didn't go to see you, was it because she was not able to find the IC building?"