Chapter 70 - The Meaning Of The Right Hand's Ring Finger

In case that you missed my notification, I have already republished chapter 69 with more content...

     --------------------------------------------------------------------            

AE'S POV

The hottest day of the year has finally passed. After the fun of playing with water (except for one person, Ai Diew, as he caught a cold), I start to experience the bored feeling that Pond talked about... Because Pete has gone to Germany to visit his father. 

He flew to Germany last week, but I feel like it has been a whole month. Because of the time difference between Thailand and Germany, the amount of time that I chat to him becomes less and less. Although we do chat online, the feeling is totally different from talking to each other face to face. The most interesting thing is that while the weather in Thailand is extremely hot, the temperature in Germany is only a few degrees. Every time I see Pete wearing thick clothes via the screen, I immediately feel hotter. 

I'm not exaggerating at all, I actually feel really hot. 

"You are sweating all over." 

It seems like he also notices it, because in the afternoon, after I was done helping my brother with his work, I immediately ran to my room, connected to the Internet, and video called the person who had already been waiting for me. Because my room doesn't have any air conditioner, it's not surprising at all that I sweated, and then I saw him, with his body wrapped in thick clothes via the video call screen.

"I feel even hotter when I look at you." 

"What is the degrees over there?" 

"Wait a minute." 

I turn around to pick up the phone, tap on the weather app and have a look, then sigh heavily. 

"36 degrees, but it feels like more than 40 degrees." 

[Note: 36 C = 96.8 F, 40 C = 104 F]

After hearing my answer, he can't help but smile and say. 

"It's only 12 degrees here, the weather is very cool, Ae." 

I know that he is teasing me. I show him a very fierce expression, and then say to him in a very fierce tone.

"When are you coming back? I want to take revenge on you!" 

I say to him like this, but now he is no longer afraid of me, he smiles like a little kid. I feel a little cooler now, so I also smile at him. After a while he stops smiling and says to me.

"Although it is very cool here, I still miss the hot weather in Thailand." 

I'm caught of guard. I'm watching him in the video... The handsome young master looks even fairer in the cold weather, he smiles warmly at me, but I know him very well, I know how much he wants to go back to Thailand. 

At first, he told me that he didn't want to go to Germany to see his father. He said that when he was around his father's new family, he felt like an outsider. He and his half-brother were also not very close. But his parents had already agreed when they got divorced that he had to go to Germany to visit his father. After listening to him, I told him that his father must really love him, otherwise he would not request such condition, but he said... 

"No, he doesn't. He just wants to show that he still have control over me." 

I don't know what kind of person his father is, but when Pete, who has never said any bad thing about other people described his own father like that, then his father is probably not the good kind!