Chapter 78 - When The Pressure Has Reached Its Peak...

PETE'S POV

"I'm going to talk to my father, I will never let him hurt your family." 

"Will he listen to you, Pete?" 

"I... I don't know, but I can't just leave things like this." 

Although I acted like a madman and went to Ae's house to see him in the middle of the night, his family still did not say anything, which made me feel really grateful. Even if they saw me and Ae hugging each other, his mother just opened the door and let us enter the house. His father told me to stay the night. His brother smiled at me and his sister-in-law asked me if I already had dinner or not. All of these make me feel even guiltier. 

My father couldn't do anything to damage our relationship, so he directed his attention to Ae's family. 

This is all my fault, this should never happen to Ae and his family.

"Calm down, Pete. Calm down, you need to breathe." 

Even though Ae is in trouble, he still tries to comfort me, he's caressing my back. In fact, he probably should be mad at me. I want to take a deep breath to shoo away all these horrible feelings and swallow down those condemning words that I want to say about my father, but it only makes me even more difficult to breathe .

"Do you calm down now?" 

"I... can't calm down, Ae. My father actually hurt your family when I wasn't aware. He might proceed with further action." 

I talk to him with a trembling voice. I really didn't expect my father would be such a cold-hearted person like that.

I know that my father doesn't like my mother, but I did not expect him would hurt other people just to ruin my happiness. 

"I am going to tell my mother." 

"You told me that your mother was not in trouble because your grandmother was protecting her."

When I think I have found the solution, Ae takes away that hope from me. I can only press my lips against one another.

That's right, the fact that my mother has not been harassed or bothered by my father is all thanks to my grandmother. But this kind of thing, I can't ask my grandmother for help.

If my grandmother knows that I am gay, things may get out of hand. My grandmother loves me very much, but she loves her family's reputation just as much as my father. My grandma certainly won't accept the fact that I am going out with men. It is very likely that the methods she will use to stop me will be even worse than those of my father. Or maybe... my grandma will be so shocked because of this news and suffer a heart attack. 

I lower my head and stare at my hands which are intertwining with one another. I really want to cry out loud, but I can't. At this point, Ae places his big hand on top of my hands and squeezes them. 

"You don't have to worry, it's not like there's no way out for my family." 

I don't say even a single word, I know how much he values ​​his dignity, but I still ask. 

"Would you like me to give your brother some money?" 

Ae looks at me in disbelief and then told me in a fierce tone. 

"I will never use your money!" 

"But..." 

"If I took your money, I would become the kind of person that your father said. Pete, I am not a gigolo, I don't need to your money, not even a penny." 

He refuses, but I still try to convince him with my own reason.

"But your brother needs it, Ae. I also know the interest that those loan sharks charge can be ridiculously high. Do you really want to see your brother being in trouble..."