Chapter 21

I woke to the worlds perfect (naked) body snuggled up against my own. It was an almost magical feeling to have her arms wrapped around me, her inhuman warmth over me, and her amazingly fuzzy tail between my knees.

I couldn't keep the goofy victory smile off my face, I felt like the luckiest girl in the world. I found myself actually purring in content until Akeno woke up.

She sat up and stretched before smiling lazily at me. "Morning love." She said.

"Good morning." I answered with my own smile.

We untangled from each other before getting up and dressed. We made our way into the kitchen but instead of either of us making breakfast, we each just grabbed an apple and smiled stupidly at each other.

"I have to ask, are the gods going to punish you for having sex since you're supposed to be a nature spirit?" I asked.

She whole heartedly laughed, covering her mouth with her hand to keep the apple inside. "No. Why would they?" She said, trying not to fall out of the chair laughing.

"Pardon me, I just assumed." I laughed myself at her reaction.

"So what would you like to do today love? Another run?" She asked, hopping up with her tail swaying behind her, super excited.

"You can do whatever you want." I told her. "We both live here together."

"But I want to do things with you as much as I can!" She answered.

"Why do you say that?"

"I've heard stories that immortals eventually fall out of love because they've been together so long." Akeno said. "I don't want that to happen to us."

"Then don't worry. If you don't want it to happen, then it won't." I answered her with a smile. "If you go on your run, I'll be here when you get back. Maybe walking around the house making more plans."

"I can't wait for our finished house! We're ten minutes away from the road so no one will ever find us! It'll be perfect for us!" Akeno said as she spun around in the center of the kitchen.

"I'll turn my old bedroom into storage, I'll have a study, then a workshop on the other side, and a master bedroom in the middle."

"An indoor bath would be nice, for cold nights." She nodded happily.

"We can connect that to the bedroom." I smiled.

"It sounds so perfect!" Akeno clapped her hands. "I just can't wait!" She giggled before running out of the kitchen. When I looked out the window, a giant flaming fox was running off into the woods.

I sat and finished my apple before heading outside to walk around the house, adjusting measurements to add the indoor bath.

I smiled, crossing my arms at my work. Then hands covered my eyes and I smiled.

"Akeno, who else would it be?" I asked with a laugh.

"It could be the Big Bad Wolf." Came a way too familiar, and scare worthy voice.

"Edon!" I yelped. "How did you find me?"

"You're in my forest Fate Weaver, I know everything here." Edon answered.

"What do you want?" I asked.

She chuckled into my ear before taking her hands off my eyes and walking in front of me. She looked exactly the same as before, except the pelts of her clothes were a little darker.

"I wanted to see you. To see why Akeno has fallen for you." Edon answered. "Is it because you kiss well?"

"Maybe its because I'm a good person, ever think of that?" I asked

"It never crossed my mind, thief." She glared.

"Then you don't know me well enough to judge." I returned her glare with equal anger.

"You mean to tell me you aren't a cruel thief?"

"That's exactly it. I stole from the rich to give to the poor."

"Like Robin Hood?"

"Who's Robin Hood?"

"Human world icon. Forgive me." Edon shook her head a bit. "Anyways, fine. I'll believe you. I was going to sick my wolves on you and see how long you could evade them...."

"Forever." I interrupted.

"... But I will leave you be for now. The second you slip up-"

"You'll do what?" I held up my hand and willed it to catch fire. Her eyes widened a bit before they returned to their glare.

"I have miscalculated you." She said.

"Damn right."

"You were capable of wielding her soul. I didn't think you could do anything like that."

Akeno hopped over a log and landed beside me with a growl, staring down Edon, her seven tails waving around in the air like they themselves were flames.

Edon took a step back, probably amazed by how many tails she had away from her home. "Impressive." Edon nodded. "The fox's power is shown by tail. Wolves are a bit more... Subtle."

"If I remember correctly, its teeth on a chain." Akeno said, getting Edon to glare at her.

"Where did you learn that?"

"Just because I don't have an army of fox here to obey me, does not mean that I cant talk to them or ask them for favors." Akeno answered.

"Well done." Edon nodded a bit. "I believe our little chat has come to an end then, don't you agree?"

"I do." I answered, letting the flame go out on my hand, happy with her retreat.

She nodded and turned away before her clothes and skin tore away revealing a monstrous black wolf the same size as Akeno. This wolf ran off into the forest.

"I hate her." Akeno growled before changing back to her human form. "She's too conceited and she just irritates me so much! I can't wait to light her on fire."

"That's pretty dark for a nature spirit." I laughed a bit.

"Dark?! I can be really dark, but I'm not!" She barked back.

I kissed her cheek and she calmed down another level or two before sighing and looking away with her arms crossed.

"Don't tease me..." She complained.

"You are a naughty fox." I laughed at her. She smiled guiltily so I leaned over and kissed her passionatly, and led her back into the house.