Chapter 42

"So what are we going to do now?" Akeno asked. I raised my head to look at her.

She was laying on her stomach watching me, her tail swaying in the air, and her head rested on her arms as she watched me, swinging her feet in the air like a child deep in thought.

"I don't know." I shrugged. "Is there something you want to do? Somewhere you want to be?"

"I want to go where ever you go!" She said as she raised her head.

"I know you do." I laughed and pet the top of her head. "I was asking if there's something you would like to do. Visit a new place? Meet new people? Mess with someone? Steal from someone?"

She slapped me on the arm. "Behave yourself."

"Pardon. Steal for a good cause?" 

She rolled her eyes before rolling onto her back. "I don't know. There's not much going on in this time." 

"This time?" I asked.

"Well something is bound to happen in the future, and tons of things have happened in the past. It's just, at the moment, nothing is happening, so there isn't much for us to do." She answered.

"We could build a house here." I suggested.

"But what about our house? And all our belongings? And Minerva?" Akeno asked.

"True. We'll stay home."

"Well we could build a vacation home here." 

"We could." 

"Would you like that?" Her tail wagged some more.

"Whatever makes you happy." I laughed.

She rolled back onto her stomach before leaning forward with a laugh so she could kiss me. "You spoil me."

"You spoil me too." I laughed but returned the kiss. "What do you think about getting married?" I offered.

"Pfft." She scoffed.

"Well that's nice." 

"Technically we've only known each other for a month or so." She shrugged. "I mean if you asked, I'd say yes. And we are mates so I have no question that I'll love you forever." 

We had rented a room from the inn courtesy of Camelia's wallet.

I didn't steal it, she payed willingly.

I could hear a violin playing downstairs and it was magnificent. Akeno and I both jumped up and ran downstairs.

A woman was sitting on the bar playing a violin better than anyone ever could. However she was hooded and I couldn't see who it was.

The notes were perfectly timed, and struck. We were both so enthralled.

When the song ended, the tavern errupted in cheer. The girl laughed before hopping off the counter and walking over to where the bar's band plays. She told the band something and then got ready to play again. The band played a jumpy tavern song and her foot tapped as she played. The music not as enthralling but all happy and perfect for a drunken bar fight or something.

Akeno laughed before pulling me into the crowd to dance together. When the two of us started dancing the rest of them joined us, passed us drinks and cheered us on.

By the time we got back to our room, we were wasted, and totally not ready for sleep if you know what I mean.

Needless to say, I, as a mortal, woke with a splitting head ache, and Akeno just laughed and blamed my human traits.