Chapter 40

Mikky? Wake up. Akeno called.

I shook my head. I definitely did not want to wake up ever again. My horse was gone and I was going to a place I've never been.

However I sat up anyway, finding Edon had left. Thinking back on it, I felt so bad for her. She was in love with me, but I didn't return the feeling. It probably killed her to watch me with Akeno.

"When did she leave?" I asked aloud, knowing we were alone anyway.

I was sleeping too. She must have sensed my waking and left. She explained.

"She's jealous of you." I told her. "She loves me."

"Everyone loves you." Akeno's arms wrapped around my waist from behind

"But I trust you."

"Not to cheat?"

"Even if you enjoyed Edon's kiss, or anyone elses. I know you're in love with me. I can smell it on you. I can sense the emotions you have."

"And my thoughts." I added.

"Yes. And you're right, Minerva does have a really sexy body." Akeno murred into my ear.

"Right?!" I smiled then we both stood. "Let's continue. Once we find a border guard maybe I'll ride you to victory."

"I'm surprised you haven't already." Akeno answered as she took my hand and we started back on the path.

"If I did then our trip would be over too quickly." I added.

"Or so you say." She laughed. "The sooner we're home the sooner we can-"

Her voice was drowned out by a huge headache that dropped me to my knees. I could hear her shouting at me, trying to get my attention.

"Another task for you. You will soon find a dragon of blue. Her path forsaken in darkness that shall remain as long as she is alone. Change her fate or set it in stone."

The voices of Elysium bellowed in my mind. Rarely did they give a prophecy. They only gave them to certain Seers like the one who lives in the Wizard's Tower. For them to speak to me and give me a prophecy, there was no doubt in my mind that I was their new favorite and Fate Weaver.

Akeno grabbed me by the face and shook my head until I returned to the real world. "Jesus Christ!" She complained. "Don't do that!"

"Yeah sure. Let me just call Elysium and ask them not to suck me into a prophecy." I rolled my eyes.

She growled but then sighed. "So Elysium has already decided the fate of the person you're supposed to rescue." She said.

"It seems like it." I answered. "We should get moving." I told her as we both stood up, though, if not for Akeno I would have collapsed back to the ground. However she caught me and held me steady.

"You don't look like you're going anywhere." Akeno noted.

"You're going to have to carry me." I told her. "Change for me."

Akeno smiled and turned so she was giving me a piggy back ride before she leaned forward and was replaced by the giant flaming fox. I gripped hold of her warm, yet soft fur and remained on her back, completely laying against her. She bolted off along the road, running faster than any horse ever could. I knew she was going slow enough where she could stop if a border guard was set up.

"We need a saddle for you." I noted.

"Don't even joke about that bullshit love, or you'll have to regain your balance pretty quick." She answered.