Chapter 24

Once again, I woke to warmth. It was still such a lovely feeling. An amazing feeling. It told me she was there, waiting and just being around. I was happy that she was going to be with me, hopefully forever.

She rolled in my arms, resting her head against my shoulder, her ears tickling my cheek with every twitch. One of her legs was thrown over mine and her arms tightly wrapped around my mid section, preventing any kind of escape. Her wonderfully fluffy tail was draped over my waist, creating a warm blanket.

Even though I didn't have an actual blanket on, I found myself not needing one, even as fall was coming into the picture. The winds had become a bit colder recently, and I was hoping for it. Winter was always my favorite season.

It didn't make thieving easy since they would always find my foot prints, or react when the snow fell from the branches above them.

But other than that, it was always such a beautiful season. The snow was white and the deer roamed around more often. It made hunting easier, but otherwise revealed the prettier side of nature.

I wondered if Akeno would like the winter too. People say winter doesn't exist in the Realm of Dragons because their flames are too hot. I know this isn't true, but there are some regions where the snow cannot fall.

Exodious, although more of a dimension than a planet, does have its own climate. It is colder in the Realm of Wolves because it is lower, but warmer in the Realm of Dragons because it is higher. The Realm of Vampires and The Realm of Ghosts live in between.

Akeno stirred on my shoulder. Slowly pulling herself out of her dream world and back into reality. Her eyes opened slowly, lazily, and then closed once again as she rubbed her head into my shoulder, realizing where she was.

"I love your scent." She stated with a murr of happiness.

"I love your warmth. My nose isn't as good as yours but you do smell like the forest." I answered, getting her to smile happily.

"Its so easy for you to compliment me isn't it?" She asked with a smirk of playfulness.

"Of course. You're practically perfect."

"Practically?"

"I still crave apples at random times."

She laughed, whole heartedly, her eyes still closed as she was snuggled into me. "I don't think that's my fault. You were trying to eat apples when that happened."

"Yeah, but you started it"

"I think it's just because you can hear my thoughts, and whenever I think about it, your brain thinks of the apples you were eating just before."

"Trying to eat." I corrected.

"Perhaps." She giggled again, and I found myself lost in that sound. That perfect sound. That wonderful sound that reminded me that she was all mine. She was my Kitsune, my girlfriend, my Fire Fox, my everything. She was loyal to me, and I returned her kindness by being loyal right back. I wanted to spend all my time with her and I didn't want anything to stand in the way of that outcome.

That wonderful outcome that I so desperately wanted. That eternity of being with her. I was hoping for it. It sounded so wonderful. To be able to wake up every day to her warm body, and beautiful face. I was ready for it. I was looking forward to it.

"You have the most wonderful thoughts about me." Akeno smiled. "You're almost like a poet."

"I could be." I laughed a bit. "Roses are red-"

"Violets are blue."

"If there's one thing to know,"

"It's that I love you." she planted a soft kiss on my neck, enjoying the closeness we shared.