Chapter 35

This time it was Akeno who woke up and left before me.

I woke up to cold for the first time in a while, and I actually thought that meeting Akeno had been nothing but a dream. Then I walked into the kitchen, and found a note, and breakfast waiting for me.

Dear Mikky

I've gone to Augerheim to talk to Minerva about Alice and I didn't want to wake you, or wait for you to wake on your own. So as revenge for leaving me all alone, I'm going to leave you this time. Kaybye.

Sorry love, but I'm not all that hurt. Have fun.

I sat down and ate my breakfast. Not long after I was done, Edon came into the house. She stepped into the kitchen and cleared her throat, which was how I noticed she was there while my back was turned, cleaning the dishes.

"Don't you know how to knock?" I asked.

"The horse was gone, I thought the house was empty. I was coming to steal some food." Edon answered.

"Knock yourself out." I motioned towards my cupboard.

"Well you're here now, so it's not stealing." Edon answered.

"I'll pretend I didn't see you." I offered.

"That works." She shrugged before going through my shelves looking for something to eat. I sat at the table and watched her, noting all the similarities between her and Akeno. They were both tall. Really tall. Like, they stood out because they were so tall. But they were also unnaturally beautiful. Like, they looked other worldly. With a vampire, they don't look pretty, but your brain thinks they are. These two were so fricken georgous, if they were any prettier, they'd be ugly.

"Hey Edon."

"Hmm?"

"If Akeno can control fire, does that mean you can control another element?" I asked.

"Earth." Edon answered.

"Huh?"

"I can control the earth." She turned and looked at me, holding a green apple in her hand. "Like, the plants, and the dirt. I can control it."

"Why does Akeno have a destructive element?"

"Destructive?" Edon asked. "Fire is not Destruction. It is an end, but also a begining. When you burn the ground, eventually something else grows. Ashes actually help the plants grow. It makes way for new things to grow and come into the world. While it can be used for destruction, it can also be used for good, like defending others who can't defend themselves. If anything, fire is the most versitile element of all the others."

"Are there other gods out there?" I asked.

"Of course. Although each god is given their own home to start with, they're free to leave whenever, and Elysium won't turn us into demons for being discovered."

"Well who told Akeno that she would?"

"Akeno probably didn't want anyone to know about her. I don't want people knowing I'm a Goddess, because then certain people will hunt me, and others will praise me, and I for one don't want the atteniton. I imagine that Akeno is the same way."

"You two are like sisters you know." I smiled.

"Well, we're both the same age, with the same back story. We have many legends about each of us, and many tails. There are people who have confronted 'The Wise Wolf' and have out smarted me, or been tricked by me. I am not easy to fool, and therefore people know better when they encounter me. They don't often attack me, but that can't be said for the other Gods and Goddesses. Some of us aren't all sneaky and stealthy. Some of them are giants and they roam around protecting the land from those who would seek to destroy it. In order to do that they have to look as intimidating as needed."

"I hope I get to meet all of them." I smiled.

"Akeno may be able to help you find them." Edon answered before taking a bite out of her apple. "Although you'll probably have to travel to other cities or even Realms to find them."

"That's fine, I'm immortal." I laughed. "I've got all the time in the world."

"So you do." Edon returned the smile. "Akeno is very lucky to have found you."

"I technically found her." I corrected.

"So you did." She smiled softly like she was also thinking about something else.

"What's on your mind?" I asked.

"Honestly? You are." Edon answered.

"Um... What?"

"You're the most interesting person I've met. Not because you're immortal, but because of your personality." Edon explained. "You're so different from anyone else that it draws me in."

"Do I?" I muttered nervously. Where was she going with this conversation?

"You do." Edon nodded. "And so I apologize for my next action."

"Next action? What are you going to-" while I spoke she got up and walked over to me before leaning over and pulling me into a kiss.

Although she was gentle, and her touch quickly became addicting, my brain was still able to work, and I pushed her away. "Are you stupid?" I hissed.

"As I thought." She sighed as she leaned back. I stood up and growled.

"What the hell were you thinking?!"

"I needed to know." Edon answered.

"Know what?"

"Wether or not I was in love with you." She answered.

I paused. "And the answer?"

"I am indeed in love with you. But my respect for you and Akeno will keep my hands off you. I promise." She bowed her head a bit.

"Good. Because if you ever do that again..." I growled.

"I know. I think I'll take my leave." Edon bowed her head and left the room. I heard the door open and close behind her before I dropped back into my chair.

"Did you enjoy it?" Came Akeno's voice. I turned my head, seeing her in the archway to the parlor. She must have gotten home right when Edon left.

"Don't make me relive it. You can hear my thoughts." I answered as I rested my head on the table.

"But you pushed her away." Akeno answered.

"I felt like I was betraying you." I confessed. "I didn't want to hurt you."

"You haven't. You pushed her away, which tells me you were unwilling, and therefor still loyal." Akeno explained as she pulled the other chair over beside me so she could sit beside me, her hand on my back.

"I feel like I betrayed you." I told her. "It may not upset you, but it kills me."

Akeno kissed my cheek lightly. "You did no such thing my love. I know you love is pure and kind. You are not playing with my heart, but you cherish it with everything you have. For that I thank you, and love you even more."

I smiled softly and glanced up at her gentle face that smiled down at me in return.