2| Pluviæ Noctibus

Rome's POV:

"Where are you going?"

I ignored Camille, continuing to stuff my suitcase to the brim. I angrily threw a pair of jeans inside, my jaw clenched as I did the same for the rest of my clothes.

"Rome, I asked you a question," Camille spoke from now behind me. "Where are you going?"

I huffed angrily, turning on my heel quickly, effectively scaring her in the process. "The King wants me to find a mate!" My feet pointed to the direction of my closet, I began marching towards it. "So that's what I'm going to do," I said nonchalantly. "I'm going to go find him."

Her scurried steps caused my ears to perk, but I continued my rampage and ripped my clothes off the hangers. Holding them to my chest as I walked past Camille and towards my suitcase.

"Rome," She started, turning herself quickly to catch up with my pace. "How are you going to find him?" I ignored her, pushing them into the suitcase. "Rome!" Camille raised her voice, jerking my suitcase away from me.

My hand pushed my wild hair back, now I paid attention to her concerned face. "I'm not going to find him." Her face contorted in confusion, I waved the air before continuing. "I'm going to Romania, there I'll pick up a random unsuspecting fledgling," I pulled the suitcase towards me. "That way the council can have their precious little King, and I can usurp the throne."

"Dear God," She sighed. "This all sounds too... Rome, it's outlandish!" She threw her hands in the air.

Shaking my head, I pushed down on my suitcase. Once all zipped up, I dropped it to the ground. "No, it's not," I started for the door. "Besides, how can they tell if he's my mate or not? Fledglings are easily convincible, they are so new to this world they would jump on this opportunity."

With my back to her, I rested my hand on the doorknob.

"What about me and Noelle?" She said quickly, fearing the minute I'd open the door I'd be a million miles away. "You're the only one who protects us both, you can't leave us alone in a castle filled with vampires!"

I fiddled with the handle, "I already have everything planned out," I reassured her. "Valentine promised me he'd take care of you both."

"Valentine?" She questioned, now appearing behind me.

My foot tapped the ground impatiently, I had to leave soon. "My cousin, he'll be watching over you both." I opened the door, but before I could even lay a foot outside her hand wrapped around my wrist and dragged me back.

I looked her in the eye, no doubt my raging looks causing her to feel some type of fear. But I didn't see any of that, only the look of determination. "Rome, you are out of your mind if you believe for one second that I'm going to trust someone I've never met with the safety of my daughter."

"Let go of my arm," I demanded, and she replied quickly. Her face filling with guilt, "Val won't let anything happen to her or you, understand?" She looked uneasy. "Cami, look. If you want to be locked up in this room with Noelle for the week I'm gone then do as you please. Val will still be out there, and he will make sure you both are alright."

Her head shook quickly, her curls bouncing with her action. "I don't approve of this," Her voice getting quiet now. "What if something happens to you also, is someone going with you?"

Her words made my insides warm up, I grabbed her warm hands with my cold ones. "Nothing is going to happen, no one would dare to touch a hair on your head- nor mine." I reassured, not even knowing if there was truth in my words.

When she didn't say anything I took that as her content, I turned and walked out of my room leaving her to run off in the halls and grab her daughter. Cami had been through a lot with me.