18| Amor Volucres

Zeke's POV:

There I was again, standing in that same room.

I was hypnotized as I watched her body sway side to side.

My legs gave out and I collapsed on the floor, but no tears came with it. I cursed myself, willing myself to shed something... anything!

But nothing of the sort happened, just the feeling of vast loneliness and despair.

Looking back up my eyes widened as I noticed she wasn't there anymore. Just the noose hanging from the ceiling fan. Now panicked I stood up, looking around the room but not seeing anyone or her.

"Zekey?"

The gasp left my mouth before my brain could comprehend what exactly I was hearing.

I turned quickly on my heel, my mouth already hanging down low as my vision blurred with tears.

There she stood, a sad smile on her face as she regarded me, tears pooling in her own eyes.

"Oh, Zeke." She whispered.

I blinked back the tears and without any hesitation, I moved quickly and crushed her in an embrace.

"Amareya? I whispered back in disbelief, I pulled back and held her hand in my face she sniffled but laughed softly, "Y-You're okay?"

She nodded, causing the tears in her eyes to fall. "I'm okay."

I sighed and pulled her back into that soul-crushing hug. 

"Is this real?" I whispered into her hair.

She grew stiff underneath my touch and I felt my heart clench.

"No, it isn't."

Her answer only provoked me into holding on to her tighter. "Don't say that, please- don't say that."

She moved away, her hands resting on my shoulder. "Zeke, this is just a dream." I shook my head vigorously. "Zeke, it is." She tried getting me to understand.

"Why now?" I asked, taking her hands into mine. "You didn't come to me in my dreams before. Why didn't you?"

She shuddered and looked down at the ground. "Listen closely, Zekey." My frown turned upwards slightly as she repeated that nickname. "I love you."

"I love you too, Amareya," I repeated just as she had finished.

"But," She said quickly, "Honey," her eyes looked up at me, "life has blessed you with a second chance," She laughed sadly.

"Rome?" 

She nodded, taking my hands with hers. "I have to ask you to move on, because Zeke, you need  to move on."

"Don't ask me to do that!" I held her hands tighter, "You know I can't."

She took her hands from out of my grasp, "Yes you can, believe me, Zeke." She tried persuading,  "This is your life now, and I can just see how wonderful it's going to be."

"I can't move on," I told her. "I feel like if I did, I'd be hurting you."

She shook her head and a tear fell from her eye, "It hurts me to see you hurt, but it brings me joy to see you happy, and I know she can give you that."

I sighed, looking into the same dark eyes I would give my life up for. 

"She does make me happy."

"That's all I could ever ask for."

We stared at each other for what felt like an eternity but only seemed to last a couple of seconds.

"I miss you."