20| Proditione

Romes POV:

I ran down the steps with such fervor it felt as if I was leaving a trail of fire burning behind me. My feet made contact with the last step and I dashed into the kitchen, the phone held captive in my grip as I searched for Zeke.

He stood in the middle of the kitchen with a mop in his hands as he tried to clean up the puddles of water.

"Zeke..." I whispered, his head shot up and after finding the tears that threatened to spill out of my eyes, he dropped the mop and ran towards me.

He took large steps towards me, and before the blink of an eye he stood in front of me, his own eyes filled to the brim with worry.

"Rome, what's wrong?" He asked, his hands coming up to softly grab my arms.

My eyes paced with his, my gaze never resting on just one eye. I felt my lip quiver but I braved up to open my mouth.

"Camille, Valentine just-" I broke off, a tear falling from one eye and I wiped it away quickly. "They killed her," I told him, not letting my voice waver as I came to complete terms with what had occurred. "We have to go back."

His eyes looked pained, he broke our stare for a look shared with Penny and Mandy who were watching, somber expressions adorning their faces.

Penny held the two mops in her hands as she watched our encounter with curiosity, and Zeke still hadn't uttered a word.

"Zeke," I choked out, "Will you be coming with me, or not?"

His mouth opened and then closed, a shuddering breath left his mouth and I took a step back, his hands falling from my sides.

"I won't take you away from family if you want to stay. I get it." I told him honestly and I turned on my heel, wiping another traitor tear.

His feet moved quickly and in an instant, he stood in front of me.

"I'm not leaving your side, Romeo."

I smiled at him, throwing my arms around his neck whispering plenty thank you's before I turned to call a taxi to get us to the airport, I didn't care enough to run up and pack my bags.

Zeke had walked away to talk to his sister, and I just watched with sad eyes as I felt guilty for ripping him away from his family.

"Penistone," He joked with open arms, and she let out a soft laugh before she returned his embrace. The smile that was there was long gone and replaced with a look of deep profound sadness. "I'll be back to visit, I promise."

She pointed a finger at him, "You better," She sniffed, "I miss hanging out with my brother."

He flicked dirt off his shoulder, "I am pretty cool, right?"

I walked up and gave Penny a quick hug, thanking her for making my weeks here enjoyable while Zeke gave a big bear hug to Mandy who returned with it with the same amount of love.

Reaching over I gave Mandy a hug, just as a taxi pulled up outside. I let go and immediately faced Zeke.

He met my gaze before turning to face Penny, "Tell Dawn and Lucas we're sorry we couldn't stay longer!" He said as we began walking away from them, "Bye Mandy," He called out, "bye Penny, I love you."

"I love you too, dumbass!" I heard Penny shout back causing a proud smile to take over Zeke's features. 

We exited the castle and quickly made our way to the taxi, its bright lights illuminating the dark night outside.

Zeke ran to the other side of the car while I quickly pulled up my door and shoved myself into the cramped back seat.

The driver began pulling away and I watched as Zeke turned his head quickly to look back at his home, something that hurt my heart. So, I placed my hand on his catching him off guard.