5| Peccatum

Rome's POV:

"Did you just. . . throw up," I started, not believing my eyes at all. "throw up, on my feet?"

He groaned as he rolled onto his stomach, placing his hands on the wood, trying to avoid his puke puddle as much as possible he pushed himself up. He stood up on his two feet and I continued my unbelieving stare.

He started rubbing his stomach, and a burp escaped his lips. My mouth dropped open and I turned my head, this is the man who I'm supposed to be in love with for the rest of my life?

"What did you-" He burped once more, "say?"

"Oh my God." I revolted, stepping out of the puddle.

Upon looking down at what I stepped in he had the nerve to laugh, I narrowed my eyes at him looking at him with pure fury. His gaze drifted to my face and once setting his sights on my less than pleased expression his laughter disappeared but his smile was still ever so present and lingered on his face.

"Sorry."

I scowled, "Shut it."

He threw his hands in the air, "Listen here, Romeo-"

"Rome."

"Romeo," He said adamantly. "I frankly don't appreciate your tone."

If even possible my jaw slackened and hit the floor with speeds unknown to laws of gravity. "My. . .  tone?" I repeated. "You threw up on my feet!"

He pointed a finger at me, and I wanted nothing more to rip it off his finger. "You got in the way of my puke!"

"Move your finger away from my face, or you'll only be able to count to nine." I threatened.

He seemed less than happy, but complied, shoving his hand down and into his pocket. But he still regarded me with his icy glare, which I returned back with a heated stare of my own. 

I broke off the look when I bent down and unlaced my shoes, I scrunched my nose as the pungent smell got to close to my nostrils. I took them both off and threw them in a random corner.

"Follow me," I demanded and started walking straight out of the room. I expected some type of comment or pip from him but was pleasantly surprised when all I heard were his heavy footsteps. We entered a foyer that branched off in different paths, I watched as he took in the scenery around him. To the right of us, there was a concrete wall that was adorned with medieval weaponry and faded flags. I rounded the concrete wall, where a staircase was made. I took the steps one at a time while he opted for two causing him to reach the top before me. 

Once my feet set upon the dark wood, I turned left walking into a wide hallway. I looked both ways, although I doubted it I still had to make sure that the staff wasn't here I didn't want to waste time compelling others when I had a lot to talk about with Ezekiel.

I pulled the door open, and not a single creek was heard. I walked in first and waited for him to enter.

His steps were slow as he analyzed everything, my brows furrowed at this. I believed him to be quite.  .  . dumb, frankly. But after watching some of his action I realized there was more to him.

I stood waiting and watching as he hesitantly sat down on the blood red bed that took up the most space in the room, his hand rested on the dark headboard of the bed as he watched me.

Turning on my heel I opted to sit on an armchair by a large window that accompanied the room.

"So, is Dracula your dad or something?" He said, while his head faced the ceiling as he took in everything.