28| Finis

make sure to listen to this song guys, it really describes this chapter.

Zeke's POV:

I stared at her, she lay motionless in my arms as I bore down the pain of the entire world on my heart.

I blinked, trying so hard to even begin to understand what had just happened to my Rome.

"Rome?" I whispered, tapping her cold cheek with my warm finger. "Rome?" I repeated, not believing that she left me.

In the midst of cradling her dead body in my arms I laughed quietly, I lost both of my mates.

The laughs eventually turned into tears, they lined my face as they fell onto her. I let out a loud wail as I came crumbling down, she was gone. 

The love of my life had gone.

Laying my head on her chest I pulled her closer to me, her arm dangling lifelessly by her side.

My mind wandered back to when I first met her, and how much I look back and curse myself, curse myself for not accepting her sooner, for dragging on my pain when I could have had real happiness so much more earlier. 

♥♦♥

My grip loosened, my face grew less rigid and my heart started to pound against my ribcage.

I felt my body begin to warm up and tears welled in my eyes.

Last time I felt this was when I found out Amareya was my mate.

"Let him go! He's my-"

I dropped him, the woman behind me grabbing my shoulder to turn me around but instead causing a shock to travel between our bodies. I faced her, and my whole world came tumbling down.

Looking back at me were two wide bright eyes, her full lips dropped to the floor as her dark hair blew around her.

"...Mate." She breathed out.

"You have got to be fucking playing with me," I muttered under my breath at the same time she spoke.

♥♦♥

Now looking back, to our deal, how ironic is it that I would be the one outliving her.

I've never met anyone as strong headed, opinionated, loving and caring as her, and now I've lost her.

If I could I'd rush back time, never would I have let her leave that bed, never would I have let her leave my arms.

Wiping the tears off my face, and sniffing, I turned her over slightly, my eyes locked in on the wood that stuck out of her back. The very thing that took her life.

Now to take the life of the man who used it.

Holding the stake in my hand, I slipped my arms under her legs while one supported her back.