Chapter 23 - Silent Treatment

Warning: Sexual Content

**************************************************

My eyes kept glancing back out the window every few minutes, expecting to find someone out there staring in at us again. Chris's fingers toying with the edge of my dress ripped me out of my thoughts and when I looked over at him, he sent me a tiny wink before turning back to his conversation with Mackenzie and Cody. I smiled slightly as I rolled my eyes at his actions. 

"So, what are we all doing after this?" Blake asked me, but Kamaria was the one to answer.

"Well, I need to be going to visit my mom after this, she's back in the hospital" She says with a worried look in her dark brown eyes.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry." Blake says with a deep frown.

"Is she going to be alright?" I question, joining the conversation. 

"I hope so, Darien had to rush her to the A&E last night and she's been in there since then." She tells me then shakes her head with a weak laugh, "I would have gone earlier, but she told me that I should go out with you guys and have a bit of fun first."

Lea frowned at that saying, "You might want to head out here soon, before it gets too late. I can go with you if you want."

Kamaria nodded as she checked the time on her phone, "You're right, it's nearly midnight."

Lea tossed some cash on the table telling Blake, "Just have everyone else make up the difference, that should definitely cover me and her."

Then the two girls got up and told everyone else a quick goodbye before hurrying out of the restaurant. It was clear that Lea was looking for any reason to escape the rest of us, which just made me want to sigh, she can be truly frustrating at times. I thought about what Kamaria had said about her brother taking their mother to the emergency room, so now it made sense as to why he had run off on me after that cult meeting.   

It wasn't long after that when the rest of us decided that it was time that we head out. We quickly paid the bill and then it was back to the train station. On our way there, I leaned into Chris's side feeling safer there and then it was as if he knew what I was seeking as he wrapped his arm around me in a firm and comforting grip.

Chris kept his arm around me even when we sat down in the train car, but then he turned slightly to face me quietly asking, "Are you and Lea fighting again? I noticed that you two seemed a bit tense around each other."

I cast my eyes down as I nodded.

"It isn't because of me again, is it?"

"Kind of." I mumble.

I didn't want to admit that it certainly was over him and whatever was going on between us. I wasn't looking to make sense of this right now, I just wanted to enjoy it because I truly did fear that it was going to end soon. I wasn't sure if it was going to be a result of this man hunt we were on or simply because we would separate once I had to return to America.  

"Do I still freak her out or something?" He asked with a small laugh.

I bite at my lip as I ponder over what I should tell him, so I settle with, "I don't think that will ever change. She's just worried about what's going on between us and about where it's going."

"Like if we're going to fast? Do you feel that way?" 

I shook my head, "It's not like we just met each other recently, we've known each other for nearly two months now."

"Has it only been that long?" He asks with an airy laugh. "Is it stupid that I feel like I've known you a lot longer than that?"

"No, I feel like that too, as strange as that sounds."