Chapter 29 - A Monument

"It's all about order. That's how to get things done." A voice remarks causing me to bolt upright.

I sucked in a harsh gasp of air as I frantically took in my surroundings. I had clearly fallen asleep at the desk after I had gone through that book yet another time. It had been nearly two weeks since I had first begun going over it and I hadn't managed to find all that much more information from it. 

I blinked the blurriness out of my eyes to find that Lea had been digging through the desk's drawers beside me, but she had clearly stopped since I startled her. She gave me a concerned look as her hand was still halfway in the drawer, reaching for one of her notebooks.

"Is everything alright?" She questioned in a cautious tone. 

I nodded as I brushed my hair behind my ear to get it off of my now sweaty neck muttering, "Yeah, I just had a nightmare."

I caught the glance that she sent to the book lying open in front of me and as casually as I could, rested my arm over the text. "What are you up to?"

"I needed my notes for my architecture project."

I grabbed onto the chance to move her attention away from me, "What do you have to do?"

"Well, Kamaria and I already picked a piece to discuss and we're going to visit it later today. You're more than welcome to come with us and get out for a bit. It seems like you could use it."

"Where are you heading?"

"We're going right outside of King's Cross station to observe the Eleanor Cross. It isn't the original one, but it's the easiest one to check out up close." 

Even though it didn't sound like my idea of a good time, I knew that I could use a change of scenery for a little while. I decided to agree to her suggestion and got up to take a hot shower. Even when I was away from the book I found myself going over its contents. I thought about some of the new things that I've learned in the recent days since I started reading.  

'The battle that will ensue once the New World Order begins will be of biblical proportions. The angels and demons will rain and rise from their assigned places and the final judgments will be made.'  

That part of the text was unnerving for a whole different reason, that part seemed to suggest that bringing this 'New Lord' into power would also bring about Armageddon. I told myself that this was all probably some made-up prophecy shit just to get the people of the JTR Movement to believe that they were a part of something bigger than someone's sick need for power and control. Then why did the idea of it alone make my hands shake as I finished drying off?  

I moved on to blow-drying my hair, doing my best to think about anything else, to stop obsessing over this Jack the Ripper stuff for at least a little while. I slipped out of the bathroom to grab my headphones and caught the puzzled look Lea sent me as she read over her notes.

"I hate the sound of the hairdryer," I explain as I clutch my towel tightly around my body when I notice that Kamaria has joined her. 

She nodded in understanding before turning back to the notebook in her lap. 

I hurried back into the bathroom, pulled up some music, and began quickly working to get myself together. Once my hair was dry and my simple outfit of black jeans and a dark purple sweater was on, I started to put on a minimal makeup look. I glanced down at my phone as I capped the lid on my eyeliner and decided to look up some different music. I felt like an idiot for not looking into this before, considering how much time I've been spending with him. I typed up Motionless and White to look for Chris's band and found that it was called Motionless in White. I picked the first song suggestion, 'Voices'.