Chapter 44 - Five Offerings

I dipped back into the lockbox once more and slid out what appeared to be a map of London. There were five distinct red dots drawn in seemingly random places around the city with tiny letters written beside each of them. 

M.A.N.

A.C.

E.S.

C.E.

M.J.K.

I raised an eyebrow at the sight before squinting to read the streets they were marking. 

There was Dunward Street for M.A.N. 

Hanbury Street for A.C. 

Henriques Street next to E.S.

Mitre Square for C.E.

Lastly, there was Millers Court for M.J.K. 

I traced my finger from point to point across the paper and slowly became aware of some sort of pattern the more I did it. 

"It's the dual triangles," I muttered as soon as it clicked in my mind.

"What are you talking about?" Mackenzie questioned.

I explained to her what I thought I had found as I searched the living room for something to write with. I wanted to trace it out to make sure that I wasn't just seeing things. I hurried back over to the spread-out map as soon as I found a pencil resting on the shelf of the bookcase. 

"Those streets sound really familiar for some reason," Mackenzie remarked thoughtfully.

"Can you google them to see if they are connected to Jack the Ripper in some way?" I request as the idea pops into my head as I draw out the currently invisible lines. 

Less than a minute later she let out a gasp over the line, "Those streets are where the canonical five were found."

"The what?"

"The first Jack the Ripper victims, that's what they are referred to as. So, those dots are clearly pointing out the spots of the murders. Do you think that it might be implying that they were killed where they were on purpose?"

"I think so, it's too much of a coincidence that they are laid out in the pattern of the satanic symbol Kim told me about." 

I paused to stare down at the triangle shapes I'd traced, they weren't perfectly straight, but they got the point across. Jack and his copycats were sending a message over and over the years to God, Satan, and the people of the world. I wondered if anyone else was listening to it now, but I didn't like the idea that it was just me. 

"How do you know that we can trust even what she said though?"

"Why would they poison one of their own? Why would she want to make me aware of what they've been planning so I could have a chance at stopping them? I doubt that she's one of them anymore."

"God, I feel like we don't have any way of knowing who's actually being truthful in all of this."

I let out a dry laugh, "Now you know what I've been dealing with this whole time."

"When is this last ritual supposed to take place anyway?"

"No clue, but she made it sound like it's getting pretty damn close."

Mackenzie was quiet for a while after that, long enough to make me nervous, so I called, "Hey Kenzie, are you okay?"

"Do you think if we just got you out of the city for a while, it might keep you safe?"

"What do you mean?"

"What if we get Cody, Lea, and Blake together with us and we all just get the fuck out of here for a while? We could stay in some hole-in-the-wall motel for all I care."