Chapter 27.

"I'm so tired, of playing
Playing with this bow and arrow
Gonna give my heart away
Leave it to the other girls to play
For I've been a temptress too long
Just

Give me a reason to love you"

***

*"Then what is it? What haven't you done before?" I press again gently, not wanting to have him shut off from me like he always does.

"Cared" his eyes flick up to mine as he answers simply, and I can see the lost look in them.

For a second he doesn't look like the arrogant, confident man he always carries himself as, he looks unsure and like an insecure helpless little boy.*

I'm struck by how he looks, it's enough to make my heart ache and I wanted more than anything to make it better.

I'm realising more and more just how difficult this situation is not only for me, but him as well, probably more so. I've never met someone that looks so blind with how to handle any kind of emotion, and if he truly does care the way his actions are showing me he does then I'm sure it's driving him mad with how confusing it must be.

We couldn't be more opposite, my problem is I always care too much, and his is that he never cares enough - or doesn't understand how to.

It's like we both need each other, complimenting the holes in ourselves we don't know how to fill on our own.

Or just never learnt how to.

I still may not understand much about Harry, but I feel like I'm getting closer and something has shifted since last night, like I've gotten to take a peek in a crack in that door he keeps bolted shut to keep everyone out.

I hope one day he trusts me enough to invite me in.

I give him a small reassuring smile, wanting more then anything to take away the vulnerable look that flashed in his eyes and I bravely take the washer placing it in his hand, mirroring his action as bring it up to my chest and place it there.

"Your turn" I murmur, trying not to let my voice shake.

His free hand goes to rest on my hip, with a look on his face I can't read and for the first time he let's his eyes go down, watching as he starts to move the wash cloth over the skin above my breasts, and his chest rises and falls heavily when he moves it down and caresses it over each of them. I match his breathing, feeling it heave in my lungs with the sensation of the warm fabric and soap slipping over my skin, and teasing my nipples while he takes more time than necessary to wash them.

I know for a fact that was no accident the cheeky bugger.

His eyelids become heavier while he continues his hand down, taking his time to smooth the cloth around every inch of skin he can "Is it working?" he asks, his voice coming out low and hoarse, like its straining in his vocal chords.

"Is what working?" I ask quietly, trying to keep my voice even through my heavier breathing.

"Do you feel more comfortable with me? I don't know what to do, this is all I could come up with" he murmurs, his brows creasing as he moves the cloth to tease across the spares hairs on my pubic bone and I suck in a gasp.

I gulp, nodding as I squeak out a "Yes, it's working"

"I don't wanna scare you away" he whispers, moving the wash cloth down and running it over the fronts of my thighs, then he nearly makes my legs give out when he slides it in between them to caress against each of my inner thighs.