Chapter 62.

"No sweeping exits or offstage lines
Could make me feel bitter or treat you unkind
Wild horses couldn't drag me away"

***

What the fuck is my mum doing here?

She's standing furious with her hands on her hips, her beige blouse under her black cardigan matching the same knee length skirt, her brown bob sitting perfectly as usual, but I swear her round thin glasses are nearly fogging from the fume coming from her nostrils.

I haven't explained my mother to Harry, actually, I haven't really explained my family all - which seems hypocritical, but the subject hasn't really come up since the day she called when I was at his place.

He hasn't asked, and I was unsure if he was waiting for me to mention it, or just assumed I came from some cookie cutter family for worth talking about and that explained my naivety when he met me.

But this is definitely not how I wanted the subject to come up, my mother is... I have no way to describe her concisely, but with Harrys personality I can't see this going well at all.

"Do you have any idea how long I've been waiting here for you?" she hisses "You ignore me and my calls for two months, what kind of daughter treats her mother that way?"

I open my mouth to respond, but she cuts me off whipping her glare to Harry "And you"

"You've done enough damage, you can leave now - this is between me and my daughter" she snips, giving him a once over with so much judgement and disapproval it twists an angry pit in my stomach.

Don't look at him like that.

...Wait a minute, how the fuck does she know about Harry or who he is? I haven't mentioned him to her, and I haven't spoken to her in months.

Harry tenses his arm around me, staring passively at my mother and I watch his jaw tick, before he looks to me ignoring her and looks over my face, keeping his voice quiet.

"Did you want me to leave?"

I shake my head quickly, silently begging him to stay, and he presses his lips together giving me an assuring nod.

"I'm not going anywhere then"

"I beg your pardon?" my mother snaps incredulously, scowling at him and I whip my face back to her, before she can say anything else.

"What are you doing here?" I try to ask calmly, but I feel like I'm six years old all over again, she always has that effect on me.

But I'm still hurt, and angry at her from the way she reacted to me leaving Andy, after he grabbed my arm, she doesn't know he hit me but the fact she abused me for leaving him, calling me stupid - if it was up to her I'd still be with him, and who knows how familiar I would be with being punched by now.

My mother stares daggers at Harry, who's face stays calm before she looks to me "I was patient Abigail, I thought surely you'd come to your senses and apologise for acting the way you did - but then I have to get a call from David telling me that not only are you throwing your life away, you're spending time with this...this..."

She waves her hand at Harry, scrunching her face up "Trailer trash"

Harry doesn't even blink at her insult, however his arm tenses at Davids name, but my shoulders bristle as I snap at her "Don't you ever call him that again! His name is Harry. And why the hell is David calling you?!"

David is calling my mother now? Is everyone in that family a little fucking tattle tale!

"You watch your tone with me young lady" she scolds through her teeth, pointing at me with narrowed eyes.