Chapter 83.

"Whatcha gonna do"

***

This Monday has been uneventful considering what's gone on the last few months, my brain needed the break.

Harry dropped me at work as usual, then was back at 4pm to spend time with Ludo before he drove me home at 5, he's been a lot more vigilant about making sure he's there before I finish and the one other time Jimmy has picked me up the poor thing was there two hours early.

However, that meant I did get to bring Jimmy in and introduce him to the dogs, and it was the sweetest thing I'd ever seen, he acted like he had walked into a room full of celebrities.

There was one white dog he became enamoured with, he was new and didn't have a name yet so Jimmy promptly named him Taters, because he was white - like potato's, which are apparently the most important vegetable.

He spent his time until I finished in the back yard area where we let the dogs out for play time cradling Taters like a new born child, cooing and talking to him.

I put every cent I own on Jimmy and Steve having a new baby called Taters sometime very soon, Jimmy got all teary eyed when we put him back in his kennel and was sniffly the whole drive until he dropped me at home.

It's amazing watching these men in my life now, that are so abrasive, violent and 'dangerous' also be some of the softest, sweetest humans I've met.

When Harry and I arrived back home tis evening, Jimmy and Steve were waiting there by Jimmy's car and Harrys brows creased as we pulled up, he obviously wasn't expecting them there.

By the look on their faces, it doesn't look like they've just popped around for a cup of tea, and the brief time of feeling like things had calmed down a bit seems to be coming to an end.

We both got out of the car, and Jimmy gave me a wide grin and a wink, while Steve twinkled his fingers with a warm smile.

"What are you guys doing here?" Harry asks suspiciously, walking behind me, keeping a protective distance with his had on the small of my back as we walk towards them.

"We should go inside, have some information for you - didn't want to tell you over the phone" Steve says, glancing at me and looking back to Harry.

Harrys hand tenses on my back, and his voice becomes serious "About the photos?"

Steve only nods, and Jimmy walks over to me, slinging his arm over my houlder "C'mon peaches, let's go inside"

Harry glares like a jealous child at Jimmy pulling me away from him, and Jimmy only sticks his tongue out with a smug look.

Harry walks up the stair case and we follow, my stomach in knots over what's going to happen when we get inside.

Do they know who took those pictures of me? Is it about more than just the photos? I don't have a good feeling about this at all.

When we get inside, I half expected Harry to tell me to go to another room and talk to Jimmy and Steve in private, but he grasped my hand and lead me to sit next to him on the couch, keeping me close to him.

He threads his fingers with mine and holds my hand in his lap, between his wide spread legs while he stares at Jimmy and Steve standing in front of us with hard brows.

"So, what did you want to tell me?" Harry cuts to the point, and Steve reaches into his back pocket, pulling out a folded sheet of paper, opening it and reading over it before looking to Harry.

"We found a fingerprint on the envelope, didn't think it was usable at first but a match came up" he says, and Harry just nods at him to continue, his fingers gripping mine slightly tighter.