Chapter 51.

"I awoke, only to find my lungs empty
And through the night, so it seems I'm not breathing
And now my dreams, are nothing like they were meant to be
And I'm breaking down, I think I'm breaking down"

***

By the time the club shut that night, Harry looked exhausted. He was still as cheeky and playful as ever after we left the bathroom until we got back to his place, but I could tell something was bothering him.

I've picked up on when he's trying to hide it a bit better now, and I noticed a few times throughout the night that he was getting that same lost in his own head look again.

It was almost 5am by the time we managed to crawl into bed, and I could tell how tired he was, he looked like he hadn't slept in days.

I wonder how he slept this past week, and my heart hurts wondering if he got any sleep at all.

He was almost instantly passed out the minute I curled up to him, like I was tranquilliser dart and his body could finally relax.

I probably dozed off half an hour later, just listening to his steady breathing and slumping into the warmth of him.

I don't even know what time it was when I was startled awake, by Harry shooting up bolt straight next to me, it nearly sent me flying off the bed and scared the absolute shit out of me.

The haziness in my head from being woken up so abruptly was snapped away when I saw him, he was drenched in sweat, shaking like a god damn leaf and sucking air in like it was the first time he'd ever tasted oxygen.

My stomach twists in panic as I watch him bury his face in his hands, gasping like he can't get enough air into his lungs.

What the hell has happened? Has he had some kind of nightmare?

I shuffle over to him quickly, pulling myself up as I reach my hand out "Harry..." I start gently "Are you okay?"

As soon as my hand touches him he flinches away, like some kind of terrified animal and he snaps frantically "Don't, please don't touch me"

I snap my hand away, feeling my heart sink.

"Harry it's only me, it's Abby" I try to reassure him softly, but he looks like he doesn't even know I'm in the room.

What the hell is going on?

He threads his fingers into his hair tightly, pulling on it as he scrunches his face up, tugging on it harshly as his breathing gets faster.

"Harry... Stop, please you're going to hurt yourself" I beg him desperately, but it's like he can't even hear me.

I pull back abruptly when he jumps forward, crawling off the bed and practically running to the bathroom, before I hear him hit the floor and heave into the toilet.

I quickly pull myself out of the bed, my pulse hammering with worry as I practically sprinting to the bathroom.

I don't know what to do, how the hell do I help him, I don't know what's going on.

When I reach the door he's slumped at the toilet, and I crouch down, trying to put my hand out to rub his back but he flinches again,  crying out like I've just burned him.