CHAPTER TWO ━ HIPPIES

(𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖔). 𝖍𝖎𝖕𝖕𝖎𝖊𝖘

 𝖍𝖎𝖕𝖕𝖎𝖊𝖘

"So... Smile huh?"

"Yep."

"That's interesting."

"What is?"

"Your band's name is Smile yet the music doesn't make me smile at all. Maybe get a new lead singer?"

"Eh."

"Just suggesting."

Reina and Roger sat on the corner of the pub Roger and his band played at. Reina was there sitting with him to help him get the girls after he told her he didn't know what to do anymore. Supposedly he lost the magic after getting in a relationship.

"So any girls?" Roger asked, leaning back on the chair and placing his arm around Reina's chair. She looked around, catching the eye of multiple women who were staring at Roger.

"Multiple."

"What do you suggest I do?"

Reina stood up, rising up. "I said I'm sorry!"

Roger looked around with a confused expression as she was causing a scene. "What?"

Reina rolled her eyes. "I didn't mean to cheat on you, Roger. I'm sorry, okay? Don't get mad at me."

Roger stared at her with his mouth opened slightly. He got it. He stood up. "You expect me not to be mad? You cheated on me for so long only to find out myself. I don't know why I even let you convince me to come here and meet up with you."

"Roger, I'm sorry."

"Save it."

He walked off, Reina snickering in the background. He walked towards the bar and when he got swarmed by girls who were feeling such sympathy for him, he turned to look towards the blonde who was drinking. She raised her cup up, smirking at the man. He nodded.

Reina stood up, looking around the pub before she noticed a man there. He was just staring around and looked a little lost. A little.

"Hey," Reina said, standing next to him as her hands were in the pockets of her jacket. "Lost or just looking around?"

"Looking around," he answered, smiling down at the woman. She nodded and when she opened her mouth, for some reason the man thought she was going to comment something about his teeth. They all usually did.

"There's nothing interesting here," she chuckled. "Believe me. The only interesting thing here is, surprisingly, the food."

The man chuckled next.

"Do you suggest a place?"

"Come on."

The man followed after her, staring at the way her curly hair bounced every time she walked.

"What's your name?" She asked, looking over her shoulder towards the man.

"Freddie Mercury," he answered quickly. Reina nodded.

"Nice name."

"What's yours?"

"Reina Jane."

"Queen?" Freddie questioned.

"Yup," Reina nodded. "It's a family name. My mom wanted to name me a name that honored her great-great-grandmother. So, Reina, it was."

"Not bad," Freddie said, feeling the wind blow his long hair onto his face as soon as they went outside. "Reina Jane. Has a nice ring to it."

"Your name does, too," Reina smiled. "By the way, your teeth... I love them. Very unique."

Freddie felt his cheeks warming up. "Thank you. You're the first person that has said that."

"People think you're too weird?" Reina asked. "It's simply how people are, you know? You don't look like them, act like them, or just have something that they don't like, they just tend to say stupid shit and make themselves look stupid."

Freddie nodded.

They walked more and Freddie felt comfortable in the presence of the girl who was simply standing next to him and making him laugh. She often complimented him, making him feel special.

"This café," she walked further than Freddie, spreading her arm out. "Is something. Really good. Nice coffee. Nice everything. Come on."

They walked inside, their presence catching the attention of the people inside. She waved at the people she usually saw there every time she went there, grabbing Freddie's hand as she saw him trailing behind like a lost puppy.

"Just enjoy alright?" She smiled. "Everybody here is welcoming. Believe me."

They walked towards the cashier.

"Quennie," the cashier smiled at the girl as her long hair was held back by a bandana. Freddie then noticed that half the people in there did. "New man."

"Hello."

"What happened with Andrew?"

"You were all right," Reina said. "The man was cheating on me with another chick."

"He's a chump Queenie!"

"We knew he was a chump when he didn't take the doobie we offered him!"

"He was freaky-deaky," the cashier chuckled.

"You're high aren't you?" Reina questioned. The cashier held her finger up. "You heads."

Everybody laughed.

The cashier looked at Freddie. "Dude, your teeth. They're amazing! Everybody his teeth are amazing! Can you sing?"

He nodded.

"You can sing with her!" A man yelled out.

"What are your names?" Freddie questioned.

"I go by the name Jinkies," the cashier answered.

"Jiggy."

"Juicer."

"All three of them are siblings!" Reina yelled from across the room as she fixed the guitar strings of the guitar placed in the corner.

"Kosher."

"Mary Jane."

"She got her name because her parents were heads too!"

"Pansy."

"Yeah-yeah."

"Pigs."

"Shrimp."

"They're all hippies!"

"Hell yeah, we are!"