CHAPTER ELEVEN ━ WELL, YOU SEE...

(𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔢𝔩𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫.) 𝔴𝔢𝔩𝔩, 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔰𝔢𝔢...

) 𝔴𝔢𝔩𝔩, 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔰𝔢𝔢

!

"Where's Andrew, Rei?"

Reina gulped as she watched her father look at her. He took off his sunglasses and that made Reina even more nervous as his eyes burned through her. She looked around the apartment of hers while the band stared at her, anticipating for her answer.

"His stuff isn't here," Rain signed, looking around the apartment before she came face to face with the curly-head man that made eye contact with her as well. She turned away shyly.

"What happened, Reina Antiquity Jane?" Her father questioned in a stern voice, raising his eyebrows at her. Reina looked down at her shoes, puckering her lips.

"He cheated on me," Reina mumbled quietly. Roger, who was standing next to her, only seemed to hear what she said.

"Number one rule Reina, don't mumble," her dad said. "Speak up."

Reina sighed, looking at her dad straight in the eyes. "Well, you see... Um... Andrew cheated on me with this dimwit's girlfriend."

"He cheated on you?" Rene questioned, clenching his jaw at what he heard his youngest sister say. "He's gonna get it if I ever see him Reina."

"What have I told you since the very beginning?" Omarr faced the window as he rubbed his forehead, he placed his hand on his hip when he turned around to face Reina. "I told you that that man was not to be trusted at all. I warned since the very beginning that he was not right for you. If only you listened."

Reina rolled her eyes as the band watched the interaction awkwardly. When they were to stand up and leave, Roger stuck his hand out as if telling them to wait. Robin noticed this.

"Dad it didn't hurt," Reina said, looking down at her shoes again before looking back at her dad, who immediately perked up at what she said. "I thought it was gonna hurt more but, I listened to your warning and it didn't hurt as much as I thought it would."

"Babe," Omarr started, wrapping an arm around her shoulders as he brought her closer to his side. Reina stared up at him, chewing her cheek. Her dad continued, "He was the first guy you've loved. It's not fair that he did this to you and I know how much it hurts you even as you admitted that it didn't hurt."

"Are you okay?" Rain signed, her face filled with concern. Reina smiled sadly, shrugging.

"That's a hard question to answer," Reina signed back. Rain headed towards her, her heels clicking against the floor as she hugged her sister.

"I'm here for you, bubs," she signed. Reina grinned softly, hugging her back. The brothers looked at each other, immediately heading towards their two sisters and hugged them as they were the taller ones. Reina was the shortest one.

The band, Mary, and the unknown girl watched as the Jane family formed together, silently humming to whatever song. But they watched on with awe when they all formed a circle, all of them, except Rain, who was feeling the vibrations of the stomping her family made to make her feel included, and started bopping their heads.

"Lord what's the matter," Omarr sang first and Deaky and Brian stared with mouths agaped. "Am I lost? This life's a disaster, what is the cause? Am I junkie, what is my fate? Or am I a flunkie who doesn't relate?"

They just watched as the family sang. The first child, Rene, with his eyes closed, silently thanking the heavens for giving him such a talented family. The twins, Ryver and Rain, watching on with smiles as they watched their family sing. The fourth child, Rainbow, goes by the name Robin, has furrowed eyebrows while his eyes are closed and is feeling the music. The fifth child, Reina, was feeling the music go through her veins and brain, swaying to the voice of her father. The step-father and the real father of Reina, Omarr, was feeling such warmth from his children and feeling their energy.

"Or am I a child so full of hate?" Rene sang next and the band waited for Reina's turn. "Am I doctor or even a priest? Or am I a rapist that needs a release? A psychotic prancer. Times Square dancer."

"The mind can see as long as you'll be," Ryver started singing as well next, his arm wrapped around Rain and Robin. "For real with yourself and you'll forever be."

"Be, be, be, be," the family started singing in synch and Brian and Deaky looked at each other with shock before turning to look at the family again. "You'll forever be. Be, be, be, you'll forever be. You'll forever be. When you're real with yourself, you'll forever be."

"Lord what's the matter," Roger felt his breath hitch in his throat when he heard Reina sing. "This life's an illusion that's all it remains. Are you listening? Are you boss?"

Roger didn't listen to the other Jane sing but he rather focused on the girl who was watching her dad smile proudly at all of them. He didn't listen to the whole family singing, he just listened to his heart racing and pumping against his chest, watching with admiration at the girl who was laughing with her family and hugging them all.

"Oh God," Mary whispered to Freddie, who looked at her in question. She smiled, pointing her chin at Roger. "He's falling for her now."

"Let's just see how they are with their friendship first."