CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX ━ THIS IS THE BBC

(𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖘𝖎𝖝.) 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖎𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖇𝖇𝖈

) 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖎𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖇𝖇𝖈

!

Reina stood next to Roger who was drumming the drums lazily with an annoyed face. He looked up at Reina, shaking his head as the other Janes joined him and Brian and Deaky on stage.

"This is shit!" He exclaimed, angry at the fact that the drums weren't playing like his drums. Omarr patted his back, shaking his head. "What is this bullshit?"

Roger and Reina immediately paid attention to the man that appeared in front of them, looking annoyed for whatever reason. Roger stood up, grabbing Reina's arm and placing her in between him and Brian.

"Look, chaps," he started, "it is going to be playback. Lip synch's all that's required."

"We do know how to play our instruments," Roger argued. Reina scoffed at the man, turning to look at the Janes behind them, who were all with crossed arms.

Freddie got close to the man's face, "You want me to lip synch?"

"I don't understand why we can't simply perform live," Brian argued next. Reina felt her elbow hit Roger's, his hand traveling down her arm to grab her hand. She grabbed it, both of them tightening their grip.

"The audience will never know the difference," the man said, backing away from Freddie slowly.

"We'll know the bloody difference," Brian argued again, Rain placing a hand on the man's shoulder to calm him. It worked a little.

"This is the BBC," Reina rolled her eyes, fixing her hair as she glared at Paul from behind. "That's how things are done around here. All right? Can you just tell them Mr. Jane? Don't be a nuisance."

"Freddie, it'll be great," Omarr rolled his eyes at Paul's words, not even happy on seeing the man after he saw him checking out Reina and Rain like a piece of meet and speaking crap about the two a year before when Elton introduced him and Reid to the family. Paul liked talking shit. Especially about Rainbow.

"Well, the way things are done are a load of bollocks, old chap," Roger huffed, his grip on Reina's hand tightening a bit more. The girl smiled at Freddie as he walked towards them.

"'This is the BBC'," Brian mocked the man, linking his arm with Rain's own.

"I'm relieved," Deaky spoke. Reina glanced at him before she took a better look at Roger who was biting his lower lip. She gulped, looking away to catch her sister's stare. Rain smirked, arching an eyebrow.

"You would be."

"Perfect performance."

They spend a bit of time talking, making fun of the man a little more. When it was time to perform, the boys weren't happy at all at the fact that they don't get to perform for real.