CHAPTER TEN ━ MEET THE JANES

(𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖊𝖓.) 𝖒𝖊𝖊𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖏𝖆𝖓𝖊𝖘

) 𝖒𝖊𝖊𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖏𝖆𝖓𝖊𝖘

!

"Ah shit!"

The band immediately looked at Reina who was silently cursing under her breath and rummaging around her apartment. Mary looked at her with concern as the boys immediately stared at Roger. He sighed, immediately standing up from the couch and pushing away the woman on his lap.

"What's wrong?" Roger asked her, leaning on the wall while he stared at her immediately washing the dishes.

"My family," Reina simply answered, tying her hair quickly so it won't get on her face. "I completely forgot that my family told me they were to come visit me today."

"And?" Roger questioned, raising an eyebrow at the girl who looked at the clock hanging by her family picture. Roger did a double take. Oh my god Freddie wasn't lying.

"And?" Reina was furiously wiping the dishes by now. "My dad doesn't know that Andrew cheated on me. He will surely get mad with me because he has told me multiple times that Andrew wasn't suitable for me. I never listened."

"Look," Roger stepped in, "first, put down the dish before you break it. Two, let's take a deep breath and third, don't stress. Your dad will be understanding if you just tell him the honest truth."

"Hopefully he will," Reina sighed, putting down the dish she had in her hand as Freddie placed a hand at the end of her back as if to tell her he's got it. "He's a very difficult man. If I told him that Andrew did this, he would give me a profound tirade. Last experience, you know?"

"What's your dad's name?" Brian asked. Reina looked at him and he shrugged. "Just wanting to know what to call him when he comes here."

"Omarr Jane," Reina mumbled. Deaky, Brian, and the girl that Roger brought with him, stared at the girl with shock. Roger was confused for a while as he thought that they heard Freddie when he was mentioning Reina's dad last night. Clearly they weren't.

"The Disco Jane?" Brian asked with his mouth wide opened. Reina nodded, rolling her eyes at the name. "Your dad is the-"

"Yes," Reina cut him off with her tone laced with annoyance while she cleaned the dirty windows that Roger managed to get food on due to how drunk he got the night before. "Please don't call him Disco Jane, he gets mad and sad by the name. Says it reminds him too much of the stage and the chants of people calling out his name."

"Why did your dad stop?"

"For family. Surprising isn't it?"

Reina let out a lopsided smile, going back to cleaning to cleaning whatever needed to be cleaned. The band stared at her as she did so, Roger feeling guilt by the question he asked.

Just after an hour later when the house looked spotless, there was a knock. Not a simple knock, though. It was a rhythmic knock that made Reina perk up and smile softly. She immediately jogged towards the door, opening it to come face to face with her father and her 4 other siblings.

"Papa!" Reina hugged her father who smiled at her and hugged her tightly. Her siblings all stared at her, watching with fond smiles at their little sister who seemed just as happy to see them. Reina pulled away from her father, walking past him to hug her siblings. "Rene! How I've missed you big brother."

Rene chuckled, hugging his shorter sister. "Nice to see you, too, Rei-Rei."

Reina pulled away from the hug, glaring at him as she shook her head. She went on to the twins. "Ryver! Rain!" She hugged them both as they chuckled at their younger sister. Reina always admired them, loving the friendship and connection the both had. She also loved their beautiful colored eyes that she was always jealous of. The only difference that the twins had was that Rain was deaf.

Reina pulled away, smiling at her only sister. She signed to her, "How are you?"

"Good," her sister signed back, smiling at her sister. Reina nodded, signing back her response. The curly-head went on to the other sibling, grinning at her older brother who was also the youngest.

"Robin" Reina jumped in his arms, already knowing how much he despised his real name due to the fact that his dad didn't dare give enough effort to it. His name was Rainbow Jane, one of the most unique names a boy of the Jane family has been given. Although Rainbow himself hated it. He'd rather be called from his second name. "I missed ya."

"I missed you, too," she opened the door wider, leaning her back on the door as she indicated with her hand for the family to go in. "Come in."

The band, and the unknown girl, all stared at Reina's father with such awe as soon as he sauntered in. His hair was styled up and he had his infamous glasses on.

"Dad these are my friends, Smile," Reine introduced while closing the door. "They're a band."

"I've heard," her father chuckled, shaking each of their hands. He stopped though when he came upon Roger who smiled just a little and looked intimidated by him. "Roger Taylor. Drummer. A ladies man. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you, too, sir."

"Well," Omarr started, clapping his hands as soon as he let go of Roger's hand, "it's nice to meet you all. But I rather want to see Andrew. Where is he?"

Reina and Roger looked at each other mentally face-palming.

"Oh crap."

!

AUTHOR'S NOTE!

omarr jane .... lenny kravitz
rene jane .... paul walker
ryver jane .... michael ealy
rain jane .... hannah john-kamen
rainbow jane .... heath ledger