CHAPTER TWENTY ━ HURT LIKE HELL...

(𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞.) 𝖍𝖚𝖗𝖙 𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖍𝖊𝖑𝖑...

) 𝖍𝖚𝖗𝖙 𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖍𝖊𝖑𝖑

!

"So, we officially have no parents."

"I mean, we do, but they just left us for someone else that they believe they love so much."

Rene, Ryver, Rain, Robin, and Reina all sat down on the couch, processing what had just happened. Their father had just left, leaving the siblings with the same heartache as they felt when their mother left.

"Yeah."

"I can't believe it."

"Wow..."

"I—I forgot to call our uncles and aunts..." Rene sighed, standing up from the couch and heading towards the kitchen where the wall phone was placed at.

"I need my guitar," Reina breathed out as she felt her heart clench in pain. She felt her chest hurt as if someone sat on it. Ryver immediately nudged Robin when he saw Reina freaking out. "Get me my guitar."

"Where is it?" Robin questioned, looking around the house immediately. Roger immediately appeared in front of the girl with a water bottle, helping her drink and he immediately helped her calm down.

"It's in her room."

"What color are the walls?" Roger questioned quietly. Reina looked around the apartment, answering his question.

"Th—they're grey."

"What's the smell?" Roger questioned again, feeling the eyes of the other Janes on him. The twins watched the drummer help her sister from having a panic attack and they've never felt more relieved that their little sister found someone.

"It smells like cinnamon," Reina answered. "Smells like coffee and smells like smoke."

Roger watched the girl breathe in and out, running his thumb over the girl's knuckles, hoping to soothe her. Robin immediately handed Reina her guitar, given to her by John Lennon.

Reina placed her fingers on the strings, strumming. She felt her body relax even more after Roger helped her calm down. She strummed the familiar tune of Hey Jude and Roger couldn't help but be in awe.

He saw the way her lips move, singing the song her uncles wrote. He noticed the she closed her eyes to feel the music go through her. He saw how her siblings watched their sister with such a saddened look.

"Hey Jude, don't make it bad. Take a sad song and make it better," she sang, Rene heading towards. He sat down in his spot in the couch and watched his sister sing. "Remember to let her under your skin.
Then you'll begin to make it better better better better better better, oh..."

The siblings all sang together, Reina strumming the guitar a little faster. She was unaware of the knock and the people coming in, staring at the siblings with awe and such proud looks. The Janes didn't acknowledge their uncles and aunts but acknowledged the fact that music helps bring them all together and helps them calm down.

"Nah nah nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah, hey Jude."

Reina finished strumming the guitar, smiling at her siblings. She heard someone clear their throat and they all turned to face the culprit. Roger and Brian, who were the only ones there, stared at the people in shock.

The Beatles were there, except John, standing next to each other, Diana Ross, Ray Charles, David Bowie, Ella Fitzgerald, and The Doors. Brian and Roger couldn't believe that they were the uncles and aunts of the Janes. But then again, The Beatles and Jimi Hendrix were the Janes' godfathers.

"Where's that stupid father of yours?" Paul questioned, hands on hips. "He needs some explaining to do."

"How the hell did you get here so fast?" Reina asked, following after her siblings who stood up to greet their uncles and aunts.

"Rene's wife called me," Paul answered, hugging his god-daughter tight. "After all, we were all about to come here to visit."

"Yeah," Robin nodded, sighing as he sat down immediately after hugging his family. "Well, now you know we feel like shit."

The siblings looked down at the floor in unison, all of them holding hands tightly as if they were afraid one sibling would leave as well.

"Tell us again what happened?" Ringo sat down in front of the Janes, watching them with furrowed eyebrows.

"Dad had a date with a girl," Reina started.

"Alright."

"Reina found out by her friend that the girl was 21," Robin continued.

"Oh no."

"So, he left and we waited for him after he told us he'll come back before 12 am," Rain signed.

"When your daddy tells you guys something," Ray started, linking his arms with Diana as they both sat down, "he tells you something. He complies to what he says."

"But he came, drunk and high, with the girl," Ryver rolled his eyes just by continuing.

Roger grabbed Reina's hand in his as she put down her guitar. She bit her lip as her hand tightened in his hold.

"Hates weed," David said, hearing the news with a confused expression. "Promised he'll never smoke."

"Yeah, well he broke it."

"So, we kicked the girl out."

"Dad got somewhat mad."

"He opened the door to chase after the girl."

"I told him to choose."

"Her or us."

"And he left."

"So," Reina sighed, slumping. "It hurt like hell because our parents left us all for someone they think they love."

"And it sucks."