CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE ━ THE SONG THAT MAKES IT 'BETTER'

(𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖔𝖓𝖊.) 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖒𝖆𝖐𝖊𝖘 𝖎𝖙 '𝖇𝖊𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖗'

) 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖒𝖆𝖐𝖊𝖘 𝖎𝖙 '𝖇𝖊𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖗'

!

Reina woke up next to Roger, his hair over his face as his arms were around a pillow. She chuckled as she saw him. But she was confused on to why she woke up in the first place.

It's wasn't the smell of food that woke her up, but rather the tune of her song. She ran a hand through her curls, standing up from her bed and opening her bedroom door. There stood her father. Her siblings came out of the guest bedrooms, staring at their father as well.

"God is for Reina and heaven's for Reina," her dad sang, staring at the floor as his feet moved to one side to another. Reina felt Roger come up from behind her, yawning. "Oh can you believe that everything is waiting to unfold?"

"Yeah, your song isn't gonna make the situation any better," Robin spoke up, glaring softly at his dad. "What you did at 2 in the morning was harsh."

"Where were you?" Rain signed.

Omarr sighed, putting down his guitar. "I left to bring these..." He reached over to the table that withheld multiple food and mixtapes. He then pointed towards the living room where blankets were scattered around and fairy lights. "No nearby stores were opened so I had to drive somewhere else."

The siblings were all quiet as Roger and Brian watched the family. But they immediately perked up when they saw the time.

"Shit," Roger mumbled, catching Reina's attention, who immediately looked up at him and over her shoulder when she saw him looking for his shoes. "I have a date."

"You?" Reina chuckled, crossing her arms. "A date? What a shock. Honestly." She felt her shoulder hit the doorway. "What's her name?"

Roger furrowed his eyebrows before he said a name. "Lilian."

Reina raiser an eyebrow before she smirked. "You're a liar."

"Me? A liar? Never," Roger snickered. "Do you have a spare toothbrush?"

"Yeah, under the bathroom sink," Reina answered and he nodded, heading towards the bathroom. The curly-haired girl turned around to face her father who was still awaiting an answer.

"Seriously?" Ryver questioned, scoffing lightly. He walked towards his step-dad, slapping his arm repeatedly. "You couldn't have told us something instead of just walking out?"

"It was supposed to be a surprise!" Omarr yelled defensively as he rubbed his arm.

"Yeah, a fucking shitty surprise," Robin said before his door was opened and a girl came out. "Bye."

"Bye."

The girl cleared her throat as Rain passed her her jacket that was on the floor. Reina furrowed her eyebrows, chuckling.

As the girl left, the Janes turned around to look at Robin who was smoking. He grinned at them and they shook their heads.

"When did she get here?" Reina asked. Robin shrugged, going back to the room. "Hey! You had a fucking one night stand in my fucking house bitch!"

"Why was she here?" Omarr questioned. Robin turned around slowly, scratching the back of his head sheepishly. "What have I told you about the one night stands Robin?"

"'Women aren't an object to play with and to throw away,'" Robin sighed.

"Reina."

"'Same for men.'"

Omarr sighed, placing his hands on his hips as he stared at the blonde curly-haired man, who was looking down at the ground.

"Anyway," Omarr breathed in, clapping his hands. "Anyone up for the fort?"

The siblings all cheered while Rain and Reina stayed behind to say goodbye to Brian and Roger. They both linked their arms, Rain smiling and waving at Brian who kissed her cheek and walked away.

Roger looked at the girl. "Well, I'll talk to you later."

"Tell me about your date later."

Roger nodded, turning around to leave. Reina closed the door, turning around to face her father and her brother, who were not only staring at her but also Rain.

"Did you use protection?" Robin snickered causing the rest of the brothers to follow after. Omarr hit him in the back of his head.

"Boy the nerve you have today," Reina smirked at Robin. "Anyway, why did he sleep in your room? You know I don't allow that."

"Uncle Paul and the rest gave him permission," Reina defended. "After all, he didn't do anything unlike someone over here."

Reina glared at Robin.

"Just both of you come here so we can finally talk about our feelings," Omarr said, causing the Janes to all groan in unison. "Come on guys."

"Fine."

They all sat down but Rene had trouble as he let out a groan while holding his back.

"Wait, wait, wait," he let out, on one knee. "My back. Ugh... It's sore."

"What you do last night big brother?" Reina chuckled, high-fiving Robin who chuckled as well.

"Nothing," Rene glared. "I'm just getting old I guess."

"We've been knowing that since a long time, Rene," Rain signed. "You've been getting grumpier."

"You have."

"Oh fuck off you lot."

"Just saying."

"Oh go back to sucking faces with Roger."

"Hey!"

!

AUTHOR'S NOTE !

so... i just finished the
umbrella academy and
UGHHHH! i need more!
but, i did write a fanfic
so go check it out.

by the way, im sorry if
this book is getting boring.