CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN ━ THE KIDS OF ANOTHER MAN

(𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓.) 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖐𝖎𝖉𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖆𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖒𝖆𝖓

) 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖐𝖎𝖉𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖆𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝖒𝖆𝖓

!

Reina, the rest of the family, Roger, and Brian, were all taking a walk through the almost streets. Brian, successfully being able to call Rain his girlfriend—finally—was next to her, holding her hand. Roger had an arm wrapped around Reina's shoulder, talking to Omarr. The boys were next to each other, laughing and pushing each other around as they talked with Brian and signed with Rain.

"Really?" Omarr questioned Roger after being told about Reid's words from last time. "Congrats guys!"

Reina smiled up at Roger when she immediately looked at her dad as they heard sniffling in his direction. Reina raised an eyebrow at him, an amused expression on her face.

"Are you crying?" Reina questioned.

"I'm so proud," Omarr let our a small cry, placing his hand on his forehead, sniffling. "You children have come a long way. Next thing you know you're gonna play in this big arena. I'm gonna cry so hard when that happens."

Reina and Roger laughed.

"Dad, calm down."

With their laughs trailing off, the Janes, except Reina, Rain, and Rene, all lit up a cigarette in synch. Roger knew how the smoking made Reina feel, so he declined the offer of smoking with them.

"Reina—" Omarr stopped walking when he saw a woman in front of them, a belly full on display with a young man next to her. "Peace?"

The woman turned to face the man that called out her name, her smile drifting off when she saw the man she had a child with and the family she left behind.

"Omarr," the woman smiled softly and looked at each of the Janes who were all glaring at her. "Kids." She looked at the curly head girl under the blonde's arm, recognizing those eyes of hers and the hair. "Reina?"

"Um... Hi?" Reina furrowed her eyebrows, not knowing who the woman was. But judging from her father's hurt expression and her siblings angry face, she knew that the pregnant woman in front of them was the one and only, Peace Lowe, the mother of all the Jane siblings.

"Wow," the woman ran her eyes through each of the Janes. "You all grew up looking like each of your fathers."

"Thankfully we don't look like you," Robin snapped, immediately catching the attention of the young man next to the woman. He was smoking as well just as the Janes and he stared at them hard.

"Watch it," the boy snapped, standing in front of Peace. Robin pushed everyone aside, standing face to face with the blonde. "You don't snap to my mom like that."

"Mom?" Omarr questioned. Roger wrapped his arm around Reina's waist, bringing her closer to his side. "How old are you, kid?"

"22," the boy answered. Reina's breath hitched in her throat when she heard that. He was almost the same age as her. Roger tightened his grip as he heard those news as well.

"She your mother you said?" Ryver questioned, pointing at the guilty woman who was already rubbing her forehead. The boy nodded and Ryver scoffed. "Last I knew she was our mother."

"You left because you were pregnant didn't you?" Omarr questioned. "You were pregnant with another man's kid a year after our daughter was born and you left. You left your children motherless. You left each of them with a pain in their heart."

"I'm sorry," Peace said. The boy looked at his mother in disbelief, clearly not knowing thadt his mother did such thing. Omarr and the Janes looked at each other, not wanting to stress the pregnant woman. As their attention was at each other, Rain looked at each of them.

"We should just leave it at that," she signed, catching the attention of the woman. "We don't want to rile her up and hurt the baby because of that."

"Rain?" Peace called out, not being able to catch the girl's name. "Omarr? What happened?"

"She lost her hearing one of her friend's father shot a gun," Omarr sighed. "One of my biggest mistakes ever to just let her go like that. I could've prevented that incident and I could've been able to hear my daughter's beautiful voice by now if it wasn't for my stupid mistake of just letting her go to a friend's house when I didn't even know the friend. The worst mistake of a parents. But, we all love her. She has a nice boyfriend with gorgeous hair and a kind personality. He also plays the guitar which is a good thing."

Brian smiled.

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine, Peace," Rene smiled weakly as he was the one that shared more memories with her and was the most affected by her departure. "We're all supporting each other very much. I have a beautiful wife, three kids. Ryver has a girlfriend and a child. Rain is a teacher with a supporting boyfriend. Rainbow is an amazing chef. Reina, she's figuring herself out, being supported by her friends who are in a band. All of us achieved something because of you and we thank you. Thank you. "

"Where are your other kids?" Robin asked.

"What other kids?" The boy asked, just as confused as the Janes. Peace sighed.

"I don't have two other kids," Peace declared. "I only said that so you wouldn't know about my son."

"I'm tired of these lies," Reina said out loud, placing her hand on top of Roger's own, feeling him intertwining them. "It was nice to meet you, though, umm..."

"Ruby Mariah," the boys nodded curtly at the family. "It was nice to meet you, too, Reina, right?"

"Right."

"It was nice to meet you all," Ruby said, looking at each of the Janes. He took out his hand to Robin. "Sorry for that earlier. I didn't know about this. I'm sorry."

"It's alright."

"It was nice to meet you, too, Omarr Jane," Ruby smiled at the man, who seemed surprised by the boy knowing his name. "Huge fan by the way. I wish I would've known you had my mother's children. Hope you begin making music again."

"Hopefully."

!

AUTHOR'S NOTE !

peace mariah, gwyneth paltrow
ruby mariah, finn cole