Kairi Channel Brewster

Chapter 24

__________________________

Dave

I slept in bed the entire day after the funeral

I slept in bed the entire day after the funeral. Kairi was in her old room sleep as well. I guess she cried herself to sleep. I was on my phone texting Keegan to see what she was doing. I miss my babies.

Me_ What you doing?

Keegan_ cooking for Demi

Me_ how was your day?

Keegan_ I talk to Demi's teacher and she said she wanted Demi to be in first grade

Me_ 😮 serious?

Keegan_ 😥yea but I want Demi to experience the Pre-K class and kindergartner. She needs to learn more stuff

Me_ I mean, she a smart kid Kee. Maybe we should let her go to kindergarten

Keegan_ we'll talk about this when you get home

I sat up in bed looking around the room. It was getting dark and I'm getting hungry.

I got up from bed and walk to the kitchen. Mike of course was already in there fixing some fries with hamburgers. "You cooking for us?"I ask.

"Yes honey, I'm making fries and hamburgers"Mike said acting like a woman.

"Gay ass"I mumble opening the fridge.

"Nah nigga, I have a damn kid. Ain't nothing gay over here"Mike said. "But here"he gave me a plate with two hamburgers that had lettuce, cheese, tomatos, and mayo on it.

"Did a good job"I ate a piece of fry that was still hot. "Where Kairi?"I ask.

"She sleep"Mike said.

"She still sleep"I said narrowing my eyebrows.

"Yeah, I guess she tired"Mike said fixing himself a burger. I shook my head settling my plate on the counter. I walk to Kairi room opening the door seeing her sleep. I went to her bed and sat down on it sighing. I know today was a long ass day. I should of let her stay home instead of seeing her mother corpse in a casket.

"Kairi"I nudged her a bit. She didn't move which scared me. "Kairi"I nudged her again. Still no movement. My heart started beating fastly thinking something ain't right. "Kairi!"I yelled waking her up. She jump into my arms crying.

"I miss my mommy"she cried. I wanted to cry with her but instead I stroke her hair back. She cried a bit more till finally she stop and wipe her eyes.

"You okay?"I ask her.

"Yes"she nod her head. "Daddy, I saw my mommy in my dream. She told me she loved me and to take care of you"Kairi said.

"Mhmmm"I smiled. "Well next time you see her, tell her I'ma take good care"I moved the hair out her face. "Come on let's go eat what uncle Mike cook"I picked her up and walk to the kitchen.

"There goes the princess. I made you your special"Mike smiled. "Double stack cheese burger with bacon"he licked his lips in a weird way making Kairi laugh. She took a fry and ate it.

"Mmmmmm"she tilt her head side to side while eating her food.

Kairi was something special. She was my first child. I love all my children. But Kairi needs me the most.