The Dinner Party

Chapter 29

__________________________

Keegan

New year, New me

New year, New me. Today was still January 1st. New Year's day. Ms. Dorothy was hosting a party at a hall instead of her small apartment since she said her family is kind of big. I still want to know how did she knew my father and mother. They never came to Miami only when I had my baby shower, that was they first time ever coming to Miami.

"Babe, you ready?"Dave ask.

"Yeah I'm coming"I sprayed some perfume on and grabbed my purse. Demi, Kairi, and the twins was already dress. They looked so cute in their outfits. Angle already took off to the hall with Mike. The only reason why they left so early cause they wanted to find the weed man and get some weed for today. I'm surprise Dave didn't leave with them.

After struggling with the car seats and directing who should sit in the middle or by the door, we finally took off to Ms. Dorothy gathering. "We need a bigger truck"Dave said.

"Yeah, that was struggle"I sigh.

"Might get you a mini van like them soccer mom's"Dave laugh.

"Haha, very funny"I rolled my eyes. "Bet I ain't gone drive it"

"You will. You can take the girls to the store and shit"he smiled. "It'll be fun"

"Dave. I don't want no minivan"I said with an attitude.

"Okay. It was just a joke"he laugh.

"Earlier you was all moody, now you happy as fuck"I said. "What you did?"

"What you mean what I did? I just calm down a bit and accepted the fact that you whoop Danny ass for your man"he smiled.

"I did it for you. I know you not gone leave me for some fake ass bitch......"

"Stop cursing in front the kids"Dave said.

I kept staring at Dave remembering when we first met. Yes I was the girl who lived next door to him and fallen so easily in love with him. At first we only had Kairi and Demi. Now we added two more to the family. Four kids and still ain't married yet. I just wish he can propose to me and we can live a happily ever after.

"We're here"Dave said. I look out the window seeing some cars. Two men was standing by the door talking.

We unbuckle all four car seats and took them out the car. We walk to the front door opening it. The music played softly as some people talk among others.

"Woah"Dave said. "So many"I shook my head at him and walk to one of the tables.

"Keegan, is that you?"I heard Ms. Dorothy called out my name.

"Yes"I smiled and hugged her.

"Look at the babies"she smiled kissing Kairi cheek and Demi's. She didn't want to kiss the boys. She believes to many germs spreads on their face. I mean, it's the same it Kairi and Demi. Germs everywhere. "Are y'all hungry?"she ask.

"Yeah"I nodded my head.

"You think we should wait for angle and Mike to come?"Dave ask.

"I don't know"I looked around the hall at some of the people. Just then angle and Mike came walking in with shades on.

"Why the hell they acting like Ike and Tina?"Dave ask. I shook my head at Dave and laugh at the both of them.