Chapter 1 - The strange cat

"Whitekit! Whitekit! Wake up!" A paw prodded Whitekits side.

"Alright, Moonkit." Whitekit groaned. He stretched and yawned. "what is it?" He asked. "A clan meeting! I haven't seen one of those yet!" She squealed. Whitekit rolled his eyes.

His sister Moonkit, got excited over, almost anything. He walked outside and sat by the nursery's entrance, next to moonkit and his foster mother Fernheart.

Fernheart wasn't his birth mother. His parents got hit by a monster, just a moon ago. Whitekit and Moonkit still suffered the loss, but Fernheart took them in as her own, after her two kits died at birth. He loved her like she was his mother.

It was a nice sunny day. birds were chirping and the bright sun bore down into the camp. Cats already gathered beneath the Highstone. A tall stone that the leader stood on to address the camp. Beneath it was a crack in the rock, which was the leaders den. It must be small. He thought. 

"Hey!" A small black bundle of fur came tumbling towards him. "Sorry!" she mewed. "Stonekit shoved me." "You shoved me first!" Stonekit whined. "That's okay, Ravenkit." Whitekit sighed. Ravenkit sighed and sat next to whitefoot.

"Hush little ones." Said Ravenkits mother, Brightnose, as she sat beside Fernheart. Redstar, -our leader- started to speak, once the mumbling of cats died down. "As you all know," started Redstar, "we are thriving in the beautiful newleaf. And with great pleasure, I would like to welcome five new apprentices!" Whitekit heard moonkit quietly squeal. "Whitekit, step forward." Whitekit stood up and nervously walked to the front of the clan in front of his leader.

"You have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Whitepaw. Your mentor will be, Cherryjaw." Redstar nodded to the black tom with a red muzzle. "Cherryjaw, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You had received excellent training from Sandfoot, and you have shown yourself to be brave and loyal. You will be the mentor of Whitepaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to him." Cherryjaw walked up to Whitepaw and touched noses. Then they found a spot in front of the crowd and sat down.

Redstar then called up Moonkit-now Moonpaw- and assigned Graywing as her mentor. Then Ravenpaw, who's mentor is now Nightshine. Stonepaw, who's mentor is now Fireblaze. And Mousepaw, who's mentor is now Blossomheart.

"Whitepaw! Moonpaw! Ravenpaw! Stonepaw! Mousepaw!" Started Fernheart. Then the rest of the cats joined in. Whitepaws heart filled with joy. I'm an apprentice now! He thought. As the cats separated, whitepaw looked up to his new mentor happily. "What are we going to do now?' He asked excitedly.

"Hmm... I'll give you a tour of the territory?" Cherryjaw answered. "All of Treeclan? Oh boy! Let's go!" He mewed. "alright, alright. Don't get your fur in a bundle." Cherryjaw meowed amused, as he flicked his tail, motioning Whitepaw to follow, as he walked towards the exit. Whitepaw followed right behind him. 

*        *        *

"This is the sunning field." Cherryjaw meowed, as they headed up a slope. At the top of the slope was a wide field. Sun Shone down on the field brightly. There were some flat rocks sticking up from the ground and some flat patches of grass, that looked as is a cat was laying there. "I like the rocks personally, but some cats flatten a spot of grass for themselves and sun there." Cherryjaw stated. White paw walked over to the base of a rock. He crouched and jumped high, but not high enough. He tumbled back down to the grassy floor.

"you almost made it." Meowed a low voice. Startled, Whitepaw turned around to see a Dark gray tabby tom with black stipes on his back. "Who-Who are you?" He asked nervously. He didn't smell like any cat he knew. The strange cat just chuckled. "Like this, little one." As he said it he crouched down and squared his shoulders. "focus on where you want to jump." The cat looked at the top of the rock, paused, and leaped. "And leap more with your back legs." He stated. "Wow! I never seen a cat jump the high before!" Then Whitepaw remembered his mentor and turned around. Cherryaw was lying down licking his paw, occasionally looking up to check on him. He didn't seem to notice the strange cat at all. weird. Whitepaw thought.

"Your turn now." Said the strange cat. "Not untill you tell me who you are. And why can't Cherryjaw see you?" Asked Whitepaw. "Oh little one. If you must know, my name is Darkstripe."

Thanks for reading! I really hope you like it! The next chapter will be out soon.