Chapter 6 - Guilt

I am so sorry I haven't updated in a while! UGH... SO SORRY! But here it is finally! I hope to write more soon!

Whitepaw hissed at Ravenpaw while she walked to the fresh kill pile. The night before, Cherryjaw had died, because of her.  I'm so stupid! If it wern't for me, Cherryjaw would be alive, and Whitepaw would still be my friend. Ravenpaw thought. Whitepaw and her had always been best friends. But now, Whitepaw hated her.

"Hey." It was Mousepaw. She picked up a vole and sat down beside Ravenpaw.  

"Hey" Ravenpaw sighed. 

 "Don't feel so guilty, Ravenpaw. I mean, it's not your fault, for feeling a little bit a sympathy." Mousepaw stated.

Ravenpaw  eyes widened. "Your right! It's not my fault! Whitepaw is just being a mouse-brain. He'll get over it." Ravenpaw meowed.

Mousepaw nodded. "He better. Because anyone who makes my sister feel bad is crowfood!" 

Ravenpaw purred at that. I know I will always have my sister. She thought happily.

"Ravepaw," Ravenpaw jumped, startled, and turned around to see Redstar. His tortoiseshell coat, shining in the bright light. "your punishment," He meowed.

"Ugh." Ravenpaw sighed. "Will I have to do apprentice duties for a moon? Or even worse, not go to the gathering tonight? Please Redstar-" Ravenpaw started.

Redstar flicked his tail. "Hush. Don't worry, you won't have a punishment. Nobody can blame you for sympathy." He stated. Except for Whitepaw and Fernheart. Ravenpaw thought.

"Thank you so much!" Ravenpaw yipped. "See?" Mousepaw meowed beside her. "It's not your fault." Ravenpaw grinned.

Redstar nodded his head, and ran up to the highrock. "Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey, gather around to here my words." Cats crowded around the highrock, mumbling. 

"I bet he's going to appoint a new mentor, for Whitepaw." Said Leafwing. Grassfoot, sitting next to her said, "Did you here, Ravenpaw got no punishment?" 

Ravenpaw ducked away and sat next to her brother, Stonepaw. 

"Hi. how was your first day out training?" He asked, jokingly. 

"How do you think? I killed Cherryjaw, and now my friendship with Whitepaw is over." Ravenpaw said solemnly. Stonepaws gaze softened. "Don't fret about." He said. Ravenpaw sighed.

"As you all know, we lost our warrior, Cherryjaw last night. May he watch us from Starclan. But, Whitepaw needs a new mentor. Stormpelt, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You had received excellent training from Darktail, and you have shown yourself to be brave and loyal. You will be the mentor of Whitepaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to him." Stormpelt walked up to Whitepaw, and the touched noses.

"Alright. Today is also very important, because we will have a new warrior! Softpaw, from now on, you will be known as, Softear. Do you promise to uplift and hold the warrior code, even at the cost of your life?" 

"I do." She said. She held her head high, and puffed out her gray, and dappled chest. 

"May starclan light your path. You will be sitting vigil, so get some rest." Redstar hopped down from the highledge, and walked over to his deputy, Lilyheart."

Ravenpaw saw Whitepaw slip through the camp entrance. What is he up too? She thought. 

Ravenpaw went in the dirtplace, and snuck out, under a small hole. She picked up his scent, and followed it. She found him sitting next to a tree, and she hid in a bush to watch.

A dark, scrawny cat with stripes, walked out of some bushes. Who is he? I didn't scent him. Only Whitepaw. 

"Show me your pounce." He said in a low voice. Whitepaw hunched down and leaped, at an enormous height and pounced on the dark cat. The cat easily pushed him off, with great force, throwing whitepaw against a tree. Ravenpaw gasped, but immidietly regretted it. 

"Who's there?" Said Whitepaw. All of Ravenpaw's extincts told her to run, but she waled out of the bushes.

"Who are you, to throw around apprentices like that?" She asked bravely. 

"Ravenpaw?" Whitepaw gasped. 

"You can see me? But how?" The cat meowed. Then his eyes widened with delight. He shook his head and held a steady gaze again. "I am Darkstripe." He meowed.

Then he pounced on her, and her head hit the ground with a deafing crack. And she balcked out.