Chapter 12 - Warrior

This chapter is just Whitepaw getting his warrior name. It doesn't really effect anything, but it's pretty short. 

I was going to do it from Ravenpaw's point of view, but I suddenly switched halfway and started writing Whitepaw's POV...so...yah.

ALSO: I published this without saving so if you read it when in ends like, Moonpaw had liked Stonepelt, and he liked Moonpaw. Then there is more!!! So sorry!

I hope you enjoy!

Whitepaw missed his sister a lot. He never stopped thinking about her. But he had to hold his head high. Today, he is to become a warrior.  

It was dusk, and Redstar was at the top of the highrock. "Let all cats old enough to catch there own prey, gather here beneath the highrock." He announced.

"Whitepaw," Redstar jumped down beneath the highrock, while Whitepaw joined him at the front of the group.

"I, Redstar, leader of Treeclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on these apprentices. Whitepaw, Ravenpaw, Stonepaw and Mousepaw have trained hard to understand the ways of our noble code, and I commend them to you as a warrior in there turn." He looked down at Whitepaw and grinned. 

"Do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?" He asked the apprentices.

"I do." They all said.

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Whitepaw, from this moment you will be known as Whitefoot. StarClan honors your courage and skill, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Treeclan." Redstar rests his muzzle on the Whitefoot's head, and he licks the leader's shoulder. 

Ravenpaw is now Ravenwing, Stonepaw is now Stonepelt and Mousepaw is now Mousebelly. They all ate prey together and sat vigil. Despite Whitefoot's excitement, he got tired quickly, and it was very cold out, but he stood there with the other new warriors.

*        *        *

Whitefoot ran through frosted trees. He saw a shape in the distance and was trying to run to it. As Whitefoot got closer, he saw that the shape was a cat. 

"Who are you?" Whitefoot shouted.

Whitefoot kept running but never seemed to be getting closer. He stopped for a heartbeat to catch his breath, then the cat said something that Whitefoot didn't catch.

"What did you say?" He asked.

Then the cat spoke softly and whispered, as if it was next to him, "You have powers." 

Whitefoot titlted his head. "What kind of powers?"

"Wake up!"

"Huh?"

"Whitefoot wake up!" Whitefoot opened his eyes to see light shining in his den. Birds were singing and the warriors outside were crowding around the deputy.

"Come on! Were going on a patrol!" It was Stonepelt. It had been a moon since Moonpaws death and Whitefoot and Stonepelt became good friends. Moonpaw had liked Stonepelt, and he liked Moonpaw. So Moonpaw's death had bonded the two toms.

"Alright, alright." Whitefoot grunted. He stretched and yawned. Powers.