Chapter 14 - Ravenwing Strikes

Whitefoot trotted threw the undergrowth. He was going to the gathering. His first gathering as a warrior! Despite his excitement, he was very wary of Darkstripe, looking in the bushes here and there. But he saw nothing. 

Ravenwing wasn't just snappy anymore. No, she was down right mean. She batted a kit in the head because it made her trip when it walked in front of her. The kits' name was Goldenkit, his sister Hollykit and his other sister Heatherkit.

Whitefoot looked ahead of him and saw Ravenwing who had Graywing walking behind her. Ravenpaw pushed aside a branch that was in her way and let it swing back too hit Graywing in the face.

"Ow!" Graywing mewed.

"Oh. Sorry I guess." Ravenwing respond. She sound more amused than sorry.

Whitefoot saw the gathering in the distance. The Draping Oak swayed in the slight wind. Whitefoot could scent and hear the cats mingling. All the clans were there except Treeclan.

They walked under he Draping Oak. Whitefoot walked up to Lightdapple, the cat he had met when he was an apprentice. 

"Hi." Whitefoot meowed.

"Oh hi! Whitepaw, right?" She asked.

"Whitefoot now." Whitefoot stated proudly. 

"Oh congrats!" She grinned. "I must get going now. Don't want to keep the clans waiting." 

"Your leader now?" Whitefoot asked in awe.

"Yes. I am Lightstar now." 

"Wow! Congratulations!" Whitefoot praised.

Lightstar nodded and jumped up onto one of the rocks. Her brown and light brown dappled coat shined in the moonlight. Redstar also jumped up, and the other leaders went onto their rocks.

(Play video while reading)

Redstar was about to speak, when wind swirled around the clearing. The leaves of the Draping Oak swayed violently. There was suddenly a flash of lighting. Just after, Whitefoot saw Ravenwing behind Redstar, claws sheathed. 

Cats all around paced back and forth. A couple of them squealed. Whitefoot relized that she was going to kill Redstar.

"No!" He yelled. But it was to late. Ravenwing had clawed Redstars chest, as blood poored out. Redstar collapsed and fell of his rock. Ravenpaw stood on the rock and rocks floated above her.

Whitefoot gasped, along with others as Ravenwing levitated the rocks above her. 

Fernheart went to dash out of the clearing, when Ravenwing saw and sent the rocks flying towards her.

"No!" Whitefoot ran to Fernheart and leaped on top of her, sheltering her from the rocks. He prepare himself for pain to sear into him, but nothing came. Cats around him stared at him with shock. What is it? He thought. 

The last thing he saw, was a group of flying rocks come hurdling towards him, and Ravenwings eyes flash red.