Chapter 13 - The Truth

Ravenwing was finally a warrior! She fell asleep happily, hoping to meet Heatherstone in the dark forest! Ravenwing opened her eyes in the dark forest. She saw two gleaming eyes in the dark shadows. She sniffed the air.

"Darkstripe?" Ravenwing asked. Sure enough, Darkstripe stepped out of the undergrowth. He didn't seem as tall to her now. She was still an apprentice when she last saw him. She tilted her head. What was he doing here?

"Greetings, Ravenpaw- I mean Ravenwing. Congratulations by the way." He meowed in his low voice.

"How do you-" 

"I have something to tell you... something very important." He interupeted.

"What is it?" She asked, more interested. 

"Well," He started. "Heatherstone is using you." Darkstripe meowed. Ravenpaw gasped. 

"Using me?" She asked angrily.

"Yes. She is planning to kill you when she is done with you. She is training you to defeat Whitefoot, so when you get the glory, she will kill you and take over your body. She will have your powers."

Ravenpaw gasped. "You can do that? Take over a dead cats body?" She asked suprised.

"Yes. You can, so you can't-"

"You liar!" Yelled Ravenpaw. She had asked Heatherstone if it was possible to take over cats bodies. Heatherstone laughed, and then stopped when she saw that I was serious. She said that if any cat tried to do that, they would die trying. It was impossible.

"Heatherstone said-"

"Heatherstone is a liar!" Darkstripe meowed briskly. 

"You know," Ravenwing started. She looked at a pile of rocks beside her and focused on them. "I always knew you were trouble. I always felt it."

"Trouble? Of course I'm trouble! This is the dark forest! All cats here are 'trouble!'" He stated.

"No...no...you are... a different kind of trouble." She meowed softly, as the huge rocks started to lift above Darstripes head. 

"What clan are you from anyway?" She asked.

"I don't need to answer you!" He answered.

Ravenpaw dropped one of the rocks, pinning down his tail. Darkstripe yowled, as a bit of blood started forming around the rock.

"Fine! Fine! I'm from Thunderclan." He meowed quickly. He looked above him at the floating rocks. His eyes widened, and he looked more cowardly. 

"Thunderclan?" She asked.

"Yes. It's a-" He yowled again as pain seared through his tail. 

"I will tell you if you get this rock off my tail!" He hissed. Ravenpaw narrowed her eyes and got a few more rocks that floated around Darkstripe.

"If you move, I will kill you." She said fiercely. 

Darkstripe nodded and Ravenpaw lifted up the rocks. She had gotten really good at levitating things with her mind. Her mentor taught her well.

Darkstriped yowled again. Ravenpaw sighed and levitated some cobweb nearby and rapped it around his tail. She mostly did it so he would stop yowling.

Darstripe sighed with relief and started his story.

"Thunderclan was a clan made seasons and seasons, and seasons ago. Along with Windclan, Riverclan, and Shadowclan. They had a warrior code just like yours. There territory got destroyed once, so they had to move to land around a lake, which they adapted to. They had settled in there very well. But seasons and seasons later, after a leader named Bramblestar died, a deadly virus had spread around the clans.

It wiped out almost all the cats, exept for two cats from each clan.

From Thunderclan, Treeheart and Daisyfire. From Windclan, Grassear and Rosewing. From Riverclan, Waterglimmer and Liontail. From Shadowclan, Earthfur and Sandshine.

These eight cats had known that the virus would spread, so they left the clans to find a new home.They eventually found what is now, Earthclan, Waterclan, Treeclan and Grassclan."  

Ravenpaw listened, and asked, "So did the old clans die out?" 

"No. They are still alive. The eight cats were wrong, but if it wern't for them, you wouldn't exist." He finished. "Now can I go?" He asked.

Ravenwing sighed. "I guess-"

"Darkstripe!" Heatherstone meowed from behind Ravenwing. She ran in front of Ravenwing and tackled Darkstripe. 

After a couple of heartbeats, Heatherstone hissed and chased him away.

Heatherstone walked up to Ravenpaw and snarled. 

"You should have killed him!" She complained. "I didn't think it would come to this but-"

"Wait! Is it true you cannot posses someone?"

"Oh, it.s true. But I can make someone do whatever I want." Heatherstone stated.

Ravenpaw gasped as a dark light swirled above Heatherstones head. Her eyes flashed red, and the black swirl went into Ravenwings mouth like moving mist. 

Ravenpaw collapsed and slowly stood back up. Her eyes flashed red, and then flashed back to normal.

Heatherstone chuckled. "Now...time to take over the clans."