Chapter 2 - The Tour

The picture that goes with this looks like Ravenpaw. Enjoy!

"I'm so excited! Can I learn how to hunt? No-no I wanna learn how to fight! actually-" Nightshine twitched his ear with amusement. "If you want to learn any of those things," he interrupted. "your going to want to see the territory first." 

"OOOH! Okay! I can't wait! this is going to be fun!" Ravenpaw mewed excitedly.

"Excited, huh?" Ravenpaws sister mousepaw came to stand beside her. 

"Well, duh! Aren't you?" She asked. Mousepaw sighed. "Kind of." She finally answered. Kind of? Being an apprentice is more than 'kind of' exciting. She thought. "Kind of?" She asked startled, repeating her thoughts. Ravenpaw was still standing up, then sitting down, then moving back and forth. 

"Sit down, will you?" Mousepaw mewed. "Oh! sorry I'm just so excited! Why are't you?" Ravenpaw asked.

Mousepaw rolled her eyes. Even though she looked annoyed, Ravenpaw could see i bit of amusement in her eyes. "I have Blossomheart, that's why. She's to...soft." 

"Soft?" I repeated

"Yeah. I mean, apparently she is the best scenter, but..." Mousepaw trailed off

"But what?"

"I don't know... I just want to learn battle moves that will make the enemy run. Not ways to kindly talk the enemy into surrendering." Mousepaw mused. 

"Come on, Ravenpaw!" Nightshine meowed.

"I have to go."

"alright."

"Have fun! I bet you Blossomheart isn't as soft as you think!" Ravenpaw said before she bounded off to her mentor."

*        *        *

"This is the edge of our terretory. Over there, the place with all the rocks, is Earthclan." Nightshine pointed her nose to a rocky slope. "Beyond that Slope is there camp."

"They live on rocks?" Ravenpaw asked. "Well, it's a bit grassier in there camp, but, " Nightshine meowed. "Yes. There dens are in small caves too. Pretty uncomfortable, If I do say so myself."

"Wow. I would not want to live in Earthclan." Ravenpaw mused. 

So far, Nightshine has showed Ravenpaw the Earthclan border and Waterclan border. From all Ravenpaw could see, Waterclan was a small island, and Ravenpaw had been wondering how they got in and out. But Nightshine Had stated that there was a small patch of land connecting the island to land. 

He had also shown her the Training grounds. It was a small clearing with dry dirt covering the floor. There were no trees in the clearing, so light filled the training area.

They had walked further into their territory now, and they were heading up a slop. Ravenpaw sniffed the air, her white tipped tail twitching. "There are cats here." She mewed proudly. "You are right. Nicely scented. But there just Treeclan cats. Probably just sunning."

"sunning?" Ravenpaw repeated.

"Yep. Up this slope is the sunning fields."

Once the reached the top of the slope, she saw a big field. Some flat rocks were sticking out of the ground. A nice spot to lay on. She thought. 

She saw Whitepaws mentor Cherryjaw, Sitting peacefully on the grass. He was licking his paw. Then he stood up when he saw us.

Then she looked over at another rock. A small black shape was at the bottom. The cat had one white front leg.

"Whitepaw!" She shouted. Whitepaw looked startled. Then looked back at the top of the rock. His expression when he turned back was more frustrated. 

"Hi, What's up" She cut off when a Huge shadow loomed over her. Everyone else looked right at her. No, at the thing behind her. 

She turned her head slowly and saw a huge black and white, furry beast.

"Badger!" Yelled Cherryjaw.

BADGER AHHH! I'm so glad I got this finished. I hope you liked reading it. If you have feedback, feel free to mention it in the comments.