Chapter 8 - Dark forest

Ravenpaw woke up in a dark forest. "Uh...where am I?" She asked. 

No answer.

Ravenpaw slowly walked forward, taking each step carefully. She looked up at the night sky. There was no moon, or stars but a gloomy light hung in the forest. The trees were high in the sky, and where they finally ended, the branches knotted together. 

Ravenpaw quickened her pace. She ran and ran, but stopped when she entered a huge clearing. There was a tall rock, and she saw a snow white cat, sitting below it. Her piercing green eyes bored into Ravenpaws. 

"H-hello. W-where am-am I?" Ravenpaw stammered. 

"The dark forest, my dear." The white cat meowed. "It's like Starclan...but the cats here...are...well lets just say, we did some bad things in the real world."

Ravenpaw backed away. "What do you want with me?" She asked nervously.

"You have powers. Special powers, and we need you." She stated. Raven tilted her head. Powers? She thought. "I don't have powers! And even if I did, I wouldn't help you! Your evil!" She yelled.

"Ah, so you know about us? Eavesdropping on someone were you?"  She grinned.

Ravenpaws head lowered. She had eavesdropped on Whitepaw and Moonpaws conversation about meeting his parens in Starclan. And now I feel guilty. She thought. "How do you know?" She asked. 

"We have been watching you." A different cat emerged from the bushes. This cat was tall, and muscular. His coat was a gloomy dark gray.

"I won't help you!" Ravenpaw yelled, then started running away. But the gray cat pounced on her, and clawed her back. Ravenpaw yowled in pain.

The cat pinned her down, but Ravenpaw managed to go limp, and wiggle free of his grasp. Where did I learn that move from? She thought. She had never had any training yet.

That amount of time, gave the cat enough time to stike again, but Ravenpaw ducked, dodging the blow, and clawed the cats ear. 

The gray cat glared at her with hatred. Ravenpaw snarled. I wish that tree would just fall on him! She thought. 

Then suddenly, a tree the gray cat was standing under started to tip. Then creak. Then fall.

The gray cat dodged the tree just in time, before it crashed to the ground. The cat stood there panting, as blood dripped down his face. Ravenpaws back hurt a lot, but she just stood where she was, staring at the fallen tree.

"I-I did that?" Ravenpaw stammered.

The white she-cat, clearly unfazed responded. "Yes. And if you promise to help me, and some others, I will personally train you. You have the power to lift things with your mind. You could rule the clans, if you promise to help us." The she-cat meowed.

Ravenpaw was suddenly taken over by an overpowering confidence. She felt mischievous, and happy, and sad, and angry. Ravenpaw yowled, as emotions wept through her one by one, but at the same time. She felt like her brain would burst.

In the corner of her eye, she saw the two cats grinning. Ravenpaws emotions stopped filling into her. She felt powerful. She got up and grinned.

"I will help you." She said.

Then all the trees blurred, and the cats faded. Ravenpaw blinked her eyes, and was back in the forest. She saw a cat on top of a struggling Whitepaw. Darkstripe.  A gust of wind came by, and Darkstripe was blown away, as if he was made of dust.